Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible Bug - Library Wipes Out Sometimes When Returning From Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm putting the finishing touches on my HTPC setup and have noticed one major bug that may or may not be a result of my ignorance about something:

I'm using the nightly builds also. So, sometimes, when my HTPC idles with XBMC up and goes to sleep, upon wake, the library is gone and needs to be rebuilt for both movies and tv shows manually. I've tried reproducing this problem when sending a powertoggle command to force the HTPC to sleep and to wake it, but the library was intact. However, when letting the HTPC idle and trigger sleep, it has happened twice now.

I can verify that connection to the remote shares works fine. It's just an internal XBMC library issue.
You're most likely using the videodb autoclean via advancedsettings.xml and your shares weren't ready on the wakeup scan.
Thank you for the reply. I will look into that when I get home from work. I think I did do something in the advancedsettings.xml per some forum suggestion so that is probably it.
are your shares (sources) on another computer or device (NAS)? If so do you have them set to static IP addresses in your router?
Not sure if that is part of your issue, just a thought. Also, we have found samba (windows networking SMB) seems to work a bit better in this regard for some reason.