Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 2 questions about my new htpc setup :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys just got my new htpc a few days ago and im still configuring this awesome program to best suit my needs Smile

1. home cinema experience.. where exactly do i place the folder with all the DTS audio and Dolby stuff? i downloaded this 6gb pack that was here on one of the topics but have no idea where to put this stuff.. is it that i put the folder in one of the movies? eg. if i have terminator it will be like X:/Movies/Terminator/audio/ ?

2. im currently sharing my harddrives over my main pc to my htpc via mapping network drives.. is this reccomended?
2) I find it is better to use samba sharing rather than mapped drives. When you set your source just scroll down to 'Windows Network (SMB)' and select the shares from there.
1) use the cinema experience guide and follow the folder structure diagram:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/wik...deoFolders

then place the folder in an easy to remember place on your hdd and point the addon it in the config screen.
cool guys thanks for your help!
videogamingtown Wrote:hey guys just got my new htpc a few days ago and im still configuring this awesome program to best suit my needs Smile

1. home cinema experience.. where exactly do i place the folder with all the DTS audio and Dolby stuff? i downloaded this 6gb pack that was here on one of the topics but have no idea where to put this stuff.. is it that i put the folder in one of the movies? eg. if i have terminator it will be like X:/Movies/Terminator/audio/ ?

2. im currently sharing my harddrives over my main pc to my htpc via mapping network drives.. is this reccomended?

2. I just plopped mine right into one of my media storage drives.

D:\movies
D:\TV Shows
D:\Videos (all the cinema experience stuff)

Then you just tell CE where you put it. You can basically put it anywhere if it's in the right structure.