Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do add coverart to music library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just added my music library to xbmc

whereas the movie library is asked me under settings to choose a scrapper, which i did, but in the music section it didnt so i dont have any covers for my albums

what can i do

im using confluence
akhlaq768 Wrote:just added my music library to xbmc

whereas the movie library is asked me under settings to choose a scrapper, which i did, but in the music section it didnt so i dont have any covers for my albums

what can i do

im using confluence

Never used Confluence, but in Aeon, if you file structure is such:

<Drive Letter>:\Music\Van Halen
...........................................\Van Halen I
...........................................\Van Halen II
...........................................\Fair Warning

etc

you can include a picture name folder.jpg in the main Van Halen folder that will be the artist thumbnail and you can include the album cover in each album subfolder, also named folder.jpg, for the album cover.

You can also include a fanart.jpg in the main folder and that will be the backdrop for that artist.
the structure of the directory is as you descibe but i havent added .jpg files with the folder, i thought xbmc would scraper the folder names like it does for the video folder and download the appropriate cover art for each album...

thought this would be possible?

thanks
akhlaq768 Wrote:the structure of the directory is as you descibe but i havent added .jpg files with the folder, i thought xbmc would scraper the folder names like it does for the video folder and download the appropriate cover art for each album...

thought this would be possible?

thanks

There might be something in the settings that would allow that. I really don't know. My music manager adds the album art folder.jpg for me and I prefer to set the artist thumb myself so that I know it's a good quality picture and also aesthetically pleasing. But, you're on the right track.