Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: control a list by a list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,
how would it be possible to control a list by another list? the goal is that if i move left or right in my home menu another (not focusable) list should also move left and right... i need that because both have completely different animations, so it isn't possible to put both content in the same list... any idea?
the whole sendclick and Control.Move(,) thing doesn't work if i put it in to the <onleft> of the "master list"
Why not just use a slide animation based on what item the container is focused on?

ie <animation effect="slide" time="SCROLLTIME OF CONTAINER" end="DISTANCE MOVED" condition="Container(CONTAINER ID)HasFocus(ITEM NUMBER)">Conditional</animation>
sorry... that was my first idea too. but the problem is that i couldn't manage the diffrent directions to work... so i thought it would be better to place the secondary content in a list to, because the list will handle that... if i would just use normal conditions to show the "slave list" i wasn't able to do that especially when the "master list" reaches the end because it is a wrap list... or haven't i understood you right?
In that case try sending the main list's commands to a hidden button that will move both lists when focused and then return focus to the main one.
thats what i've tried to describe in the first post: also tried that but it doesn't worked...

Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="300" description="master">
[INDENT]...
<onleft>300</onleft>
<onleft>SetFocus(3002)</onleft>
...[/INDENT]
</control>

<control type="button" id="3002" description="button to control slave left">
[INDENT]...
<onfocus>Control.Move(301,-1)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Control.SetFocus(300,)</onfocus>
...[/INDENT]
</control>

<control type="wraplist" id="301" description="slave">
[INDENT]...
<onleft>301</onleft>
...[/INDENT]
</control>

or is there a problem in this code?
Try putting a button inside your focusedlayout:

Code:
<control type="button">
    <onfocus condition="Container(300).OnNext">Control.Move(301,1)</onfocus>
    <onfocus condition="Container(300).OnPrevious">Control.Move(301,-1)</onfocus>
</control>

Recent nightly required for <onfoo condition="">.
Do buttons work inside lists?
Yes but only the onfocus action.
Hitcher Wrote:Do buttons work inside lists?

Oh yeah!!!! THEY DO!!!!

Thanks 'Black... what a nice trickNod