Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using built in IR receiver for remote on xp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After reading just bout everything i could get get my hands on and failing to get this to work using winlirc, girder, ir server etc i was wondering if you guys could help me out

I've got a thermal take case and in device manager it's telling me i have a Built-In infrared device

Now i was wondering if i can use this with my logitech harmony 300 remote to control xbmc on an xp machine

My harmony remote has been setup via their software to simulate an MCE remote so that should be sweet

Any input would be great as i'm about to give up on this venture and buy one of the receivers from ebay (although internal and hidden would be better)

Cheers Guys Smile
Do you have the original handset for the remote? Does it work with the original handset.

I think some of the Thermaltake cases used iMon remotes. If so you need the iMon software to make it work.

JR
It never came with a remote so a bit unsure, it's a thermaltake soprano if that makes any dif
what is the receiver ?
it could be the iMon one if its built in.
I'm not 100% on that one m8, i've had it for a few years now is there a way to find out
Just a bit of a question does "Built-In infrared device" in device manager mean i have the hardware installed, as i'm struggling to locate an ir receiver in there
if its bought pc, just look up the specs?