Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Live] MCE remote not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've got an MCE remote ("SIIG" branded, although looks almost identical to the AIM RC6 remote on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews )

This remote was working fine for me using XBMC 9. One day it mysteriously stopped working .. I couldn't tell you why.

I have, since, reinstalled XBMC version 10, then yesterday updated to unstable pre 11. All three versions do the same thing with this remote.

I turn on debug logging, and I can see th LIRC is working properly, and when I press the buttons, the events are being logged in the log. Here are some examples of pressing the down button on the remote:

12:01:54 T:11166000 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 1210125:000000037ff05be0 00 Down mceusb_hauppauge (Down)

Do I need to do anything special to make this remote work? from what I've read, the remote should just work out-of-the-box .. I haven't done anything beyond a fresh install of XBMC live.