Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Boolean Condition on Skin.String
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having a problem with a conditional visibility tag, so presume you cannot use a Skin.String in this way

Quote:<visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,$INFO[Skin.String(UsrDefGenre1)],Left)</visible>

I'm trying to set up some user defined genre groups eg 007Bond for such films & then get the associated icon to show up. Has anyone managed to do something similar
What does ListItem.Genre return?
It's the normal return for a movie ie Action / Adventure / Comedy + whatever genres I've added to the movie through XWMM Movie Management.

The idea is to add a genre to a movie through XWMM etc + add the genre to a user defined list (UsrDefGenre1 to 5) & then the genre is to show up in the list of movies

The whole thing works except for the boolan parsing of UsrDefGenre1.
Well you're using left so the UsrDefGenre1 must be the first genre available to ListItem.Genre. Or just remove the left condition.
Sorry I'm being a bit vague. In the first post I mentioned a genre called 007Bond, & this is the idea for a user defined genre that has been added to the movie. These would be enabled through a couple of views. Some views only show 1 genre icon & therefore the Left attribute, other views can show multiple genre icons and donot have the Left attribute.

Actually the value of UsrDefGenre1 was Action when I was testing & therefore should be true.

Here's the code
Quote:<control type="grouplist">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(729)</visible>
<description>Media Genre Flagging</description>
<posx>325</posx>
<posy>515</posy>
<width>625</width>
<align>right</align>
<itemgap>0</itemgap>
<orientation>horizontal</orientation>
<include>MultiMiniUsrDefGenre</include>
</control>

<include name="MultiMiniUsrDefGenre">
<control type="image">
<include>MultiGenreFlag</include>
<texture background="true" fallback="MovieUnknown.png">special://skin/icons/moviegenre/$INFO[Skin.String(UsrDefGenre1)].png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,$INFO[Skin.String(UsrDefGenre1)])</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>MultiGenreFlag</include>
<texture background="true" fallback="MovieUnknown.png">special://skin/icons/moviegenre/$INFO[Skin.String(UsrDefGenre2)].png</texture>
<visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,$INFO[Skin.String(UsrDefGenre2)])</visible>
</control>

<!-- Upto 5 images -->

</include>
<include name="MultiGenreFlag">
<width>125</width>
<height>125</height>
<aspectratio aligny="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
<fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
</include>
Maybe it's working without $INFO[] just like it's working for ListItem.
Thanks Guys

@`Black, I've tried removing the $INFO[] & still doesn't work.

@pieh Looking at your comment
Quote:"You can use $INFO but there is a catch: if You are using $INFO it will just convert $INFO[whatever here] to constant string when window is loading and will always compare to that constant string"
I'm happy for it to be a constant it's a Skin.String(label). IMO it should work.

Hard codeing the genre Action works - <visible>SubString(ListItem.Genre,Action)</visible>

Setting the word Action as a language string works - <visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,$LOCALIZE[35300])</visible>

I've even checked guisettings.xml and the Skin.String(label) is there <setting type="string" name="skin.convergence.usrdefgenre1">Action</setting>
right, I missread problem - can You provide me some sample to reproduce it?
Sure - I have to go back to work soon, but will whip up something simple for Confluence later tonight or tomorrow am.
I have not the same but a similar problem. Inside a container I use

$INFO[Skin.String(MusicGenres.Path)]$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]

for a texture. The string is set to "musicgenres/" but only the fallback is shown. If I use

musicgenres/$INFO[ListItem.Label,,.jpg]

it's working. Maybe a bug with Skin.String infolabel?
oh, using non ListItem $INFO might not work inside of container - will need to check that, but I think I remember something similiar issue now
pieh - if you still want a sample, Try adding below to ViewsAddonInfoBrowser.xml & make sure you have the first video submenu addon enabled, I used youtube.

Sorry this was a bit of a rush as a Rugby game got in the way & now I'm late for work, but should work

PHP Code:
<!--################################################# 
Confluence ViewsAddonBrowser.xml AddonInfoListView1 Line 241
-->

<!--
control type="textbox">
    <
description>Description</description>
    <
posx>10</posx>
    <
posy>100</posy>
    <
width>490</width>
    <
height>180</height>
    <
font>font12</font>
    <
align>justify</align>
    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.Description)]</label>
    <
autoscroll time="2000" delay="3000" repeat="5000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
    </
control-->

<
control type="label">
    <
posx>-600</posx>
    <
posy>120</posy>
    <
width>950</width>
    <
height>30</height>
    <
font>font14caps_title</font>
    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <
label>( $INFO[ListItem.Label] ) Checking  for - $INFO[Skin.String(HomeVideosButton1)]</label>
</
control>                
<
control type="label">
    <
posx>-600</posx>
    <
posy>140</posy>
    <
width>950</width>
    <
height>60</height>
    <
font>font50caps_title</font>
    <
textcolor>yellow</textcolor>
    <
label>FOUND $INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
    <
visible>SubString(ListItem.Label,$INFO[Skin.String(HomeVideosButton1)])</visible>
</
control>            
<
control type="label">
    <
posx>-600</posx>
    <
posy>140</posy>
    <
width>950</width>
    <
height>60</height>
    <
font>font50caps_title</font>
    <
textcolor>blue</textcolor>
    <
label>NOT FOUND $INFO[Skin.String(HomeVideosButton1)]</label>
    <
visible>!SubString(ListItem.Label,$INFO[Skin.String(HomeVideosButton1)])</visible>
</
control>
<!-- 
####################################################### --> 

Edit Too much of a hurry & on my way to work realised above code will never return true, would have to search for
Quote:$INFO[system.addontitle(Skin.String(HomeVideosButton1))]