Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IR remote keymap - remote.xml does nothing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to finish setup of my partially working infrared remote and can't seem to configure the keymap in Fedora 15. My remote is a Harmony connected by a generic Formosa mce USB IR reciever. The device is working through kernel support, lirc is not installed.

ir-keytable --test shows output for each key. I'd like to use the output of ir-keytable to help configure my remote.xml file, the problem is changing (even deleting) remote.xml does nothing. How can I change the keymap in XBMC to fully utilize my remote?
The way I understand it there can be the "System" remove.xml and a local version in your userdata folder. The one in your userdata folder overrides the system one. See if you can find another copy of the remote.xml on your system.
I've edited both copies of remote.xml (one in home/... and one in /usr/...

Edits in either version have no effect. I've deleted the local version and made edits to the system version, still no effect...
function151 Wrote:I've edited both copies of remote.xml (one in home/... and one in /usr/...

Edits in either version have no effect. I've deleted the local version and made edits to the system version, still no effect...

One thing that might help is a debug log. That would show what keypresses XBMC is seeing. Also exactly what you're changing in the remote.xml. There may be an issue with the remote actually sending keyboard events rather than remote codes which means you would have to change the keyboard.xml file. Mine is set up the old way with lirc and Ubuntu Lucid.