Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New MythTV add-on using libcmyth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tsp42 Wrote:Good to hear. The changes to libavcodec fixes the audio in recordings where the aac audio stream changes from stereo to multichannel (or reverse.). The changes to atomic.h fixes a broken reference counter = memory leak. So it might be worth applying the patch again.

Hm, ok. As I reported in this post, I'm having massive issues getting any PVR solution to work. It's very disappointing really, and only by a miracle my wife is still talking to me :-) Regarding the Epg7.db issue in my other post, is anything like that known? I'm aware you don't know the xbmc-xvba branch, but AFAICT it is pretty much synced with odk pvr just as yours. I just can't pinpoint why the hell the EPG sync doesn't work reliably with ANY PVR addon. Also I'm getting frequent crashes when starting a recording or live-tv. Wartching AVI movies works like a charm.
Hello,

One question: is teletext supoorted using this addon?
giaur Wrote:Hello,

Not yet, see: https://github.com/tsp/xbmc/issues/3 but it's on tsp42's todo list.
Things doesn't work on Danish DVB-T if the content is h264, which everything is as of 11.1.2012. It fails with an assert() at:
Code:
DEBUG: ffmpeg[9F393B70]: Assertion sbr->kx[1] <= table[0] failed at libavcodec/aacsbr.c:1456

I saw that mythtv has disabled this assert and if I do the same things work again with regards to livetv. One can always discuss who is to blame for this error and who should fix it, but here is a workaround for all.

Code:
git diff
diff --git a/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/aacsbr.c b/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/aacsbr.c
index 3857fe2..b605f26 100644
--- a/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/aacsbr.c
+++ b/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/aacsbr.c
@@ -1453,7 +1453,7 @@ static void sbr_mapping(AACContext *ac, SpectralBandReplication *sbr,
         uint16_t *table = ch_data->bs_freq_res[e + 1] ? sbr->f_tablehigh : sbr->f_tablelow;
         int k;

-        av_assert0(sbr->kx[1] <= table[0]);
+        //av_assert0(sbr->kx[1] <= table[0]);
         for (i = 0; i < ilim; i++)
             for (m = table[i]; m < table[i + 1]; m++)
                 sbr->e_origmapped[e][m - sbr->kx[1]] = ch_data->env_facs[e+1][i];
after upgrading (fresh install) the server running mythbackend to 11.04 and installing mythbackend 0.24.1 from PPA live tv is now working properly through XBMC

although I also completely cleared out the /home/[user]/.xbmc directory as well so there wouldn't be any previous config in there messing with anything.

so unfortunately I'm not really sure whether it was the upgrade to 11.04, the clean install or the clearing of settings from the .xbmc folder that eventually worked, but at least it works now!

thanks for the work on this add on!
One fast question, does this support unicast devices?

I have windows and dvbviewer recording service in my server pc.
I think vdr support unicast devices with that plugin?

http://www.saunalahti.fi/rahrenbe/vdr/iptv/
Hello,

I have it been following this for a while :=). Realy awsome work!
I tried it breafly on a laptop a couple a weeks ago but decided to try it out on my main frontend yesterday. It seems to be working quite good, Recordings always starts playing but LiveTV seems to be a hit or miss :=)

One thing a have noticed is that the image quality does not seem to meet up with mythfrontend? I am using the VDPAU advanced 2x de-interlacer in mythfrontend. I have tried many combinations in XBMC but cant find a setting that is outputting equal quality. Unable to get smooth motion.

Does Xbmc support VDPAU de-interlacers?

Kind regards Staffan
giaur Wrote:Hello,

Yes. Closed captions is however not supported yet (at least not encoded in an ATSC stream).

mlilja: Tak. I've added the fix to the repository.

piipes: Yes I believe so. MythTV at least have some support for IPTV but better check the mythtv documentation/homepage

staffan80: Yes xbmc does support VDPAU but I'm not sure how well the deinterlacers are supported (I use a sandy bridge processor in my HTPC),
Just tried to update, but it doesn't compile any more:
Code:
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/client.o
In file included from cppmyth.h:4:0,
                 from pvrclient-mythtv.h:1,
                 from client.cpp:24:
cppmyth/MythConnection.h:41:8: error: extra qualification ‘MythConnection::’ on member ‘DefaultTimer’ [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [client.o] Error 1
cfetzer Wrote:Just tried to update, but it doesn't compile any more:
Code:
CPP     xbmc/pvrclients/mythtv-cmyth/client.o
In file included from cppmyth.h:4:0,
                 from pvrclient-mythtv.h:1,
                 from client.cpp:24:
cppmyth/MythConnection.h:41:8: error: extra qualification ‘MythConnection::’ on member ‘DefaultTimer’ [-fpermissive]
make[1]: *** [client.o] Error 1

Yep, same issue here. It compiles if you remove ‘MythConnection::’ from that line in the .h file. It's a class member function from the current class already.
Sorry copy paste error. GCC it less forgiving than visual c++ but it should be fixed now.
Quote:staffan80: Yes xbmc does support VDPAU but I'm not sure how well the deinterlacers are supported (I use a sandy bridge processor in my HTPC),

Thank you for your quick response :=)
I found the problem! It was´nt the de-interlacers, it was xrandr not switching refreshrate, I have been searching many threads in this forum and found that i had to specify "Option "DynamicTwinView" "False" in my xorg.conf file. Now the picture quality and motion is perfekt (Like mythfrontend)

Now to investigate problems with zapping between channels. 50% of the time when i switch channels is quits back to the Tv channels menu.
Hi,

Great work on this! Thanks!

Just wondering how often this gets merged into to the main PVR branch? (I'm on the XvBA bandwagon too)?
flitter2009 Wrote:Hi,

Great work on this! Thanks!

Just wondering how often this gets merged into to the main PVR branch? (I'm on the XvBA bandwagon too)?

So far, I don't believe it has been merged at all? Although, I'm not really sure what the reason for this is, since it seems to be working pretty well now and also it's kept up to date with the main PVR code....

Jim
Hi,

Just wondering how long it takes other peoples myth/xbmc/HDHomerun setups to change channels?

I currently run tsp42 XBMC build & Mythbackend .24 on a single machine. Channel input is through a HD Homerun (1st generation)

XBMC takes anywhere between 5-12 seconds to switch channels.

Using MythFrontend it takes around 2-5 seconds.

Does that sound about right?

Cheers.