Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Series/NFO Duplicating Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a custom made "TV Show" in XBMC called documentaries where I put all the various one-off docs I have so they all show up in one series instead of having lots of series be created with only one episode in them.

However, every time I update the library episodes already in the series get added again and I end up with multiple copies showing up. I can fix it by removing the series from the library and then rescanning, but that's a pain and it loses my watched status.

This is the tvshows.nfo:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<tvshow>
<genre>Documentary</genre>
<title>Documentaries</title>
<locked>0</locked>
</tvshow>

And an episode NFO:

<movie>
<title>Frontline: Obama's Deal</title>
<genre></genre>
<aired>2010-04-13</aired>
<plot>Health care reform was the first big policy deal taken on by the Obama administration. Many say the young president has bet the mid-term elections, possibly his presidency, on the outcome. In a new investigation FRONTLINE goes behind closed doors at the White House, in Congress and the boardrooms of the giant health-care lobby to examine the political battles and costly compromises that defined Barack Obama's endeavor. From early positive efforts, through the bitter battles with the Tea Party, the elation of apparent success at Christmas, to the crushing failure in the Massachusetts Senatorial election, FRONTLINE follows the story and reveals the first in-depth look at how the Obama administration operates. In Obama's Deal, FRONTLINE veteran producer Michael Kirk (Bush's War, Dreams of Obama, Inside the Meltdown, The Warning) provides a sobering expose' of the realities of American politics, the power of special interest groups, and the role of money in policy making.</plot>
</movie>

Files are named:
S00E00 - Frontline Obamas Deal.avi
S00E00 - Frontline Obamas Deal.nfo
And they are in the \TV Shows\Documentaries directory. \TV Shows\ is the source XBMC has to look for all my TV shows.

Anyone know what the issue and how to stop the multiple copies on a library update?

Thanks.