Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Starting xbmc automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have evolution x on my xbox, but i dont really want that to start when i turn the xbox on, i would like xbmc to come up, but at the moment xmbc has to be started from evolution x - is there anyway to get xmbc to run automatically - i dont mind how it is done, even if evolution x runs xmbc as long as it starts automatically.

any ideasHuh
what about consulting the documentation?

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...dash&v=3la
this isn't relly a xbmc question.
it's a bios for your modchip question.
the bios have a pri list over startup files and it can be different in each bios.
check what bios you have and check the file it looks for.

spiff link will explain all Wink
ftp into your xbox, and move your evox files, default.xbe, skins, trainers, evox.ini to a folder in your apps folder.
rename the xbmc's default.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe and move it and xboxmediacenter.xml to c:\.
in xboxmediacenter.xml, edit the the tag "home" so it sais this, <home>f:\apps\xbmc\</home> (only make the path the path to your xbmc folder.)

then restart your xbox, and vuala!

or, you can just move all of your xbmc files to your c drive, and rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. but then your c drive gets all cluttered...
whoo hoo, thanks to all that have helped. i know you all get p***ed of with newbie questions:-)