Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Removing entries from database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

could someone please tell me how I can remove single entries from my database? For example a single album form an artist or the whole artist.

The reason for this is that I had some mp3s with faulty id3-tags, which I am now retagging, e.g. "Shakira-" which had to be changed to "Shakira". When I am now doing a rescan or a reboot the changed mp3 files are recognized, but the old entries are not removed. Even if I use the "clean library" option from within the preferences.

Interestingly the old entry exist beside the new one and is somehow still linked to the mp3, but with changing the artist I am also renaming it and moving it to a different directory.

Maybe someone can give me a hint how I can clean my library without starting from scratch again.
Can't you just select remove from lib in context menu and then re-add it?

If you mean if you can do it directly in the db...of course you can. It is a standard sqlite db.
Hmm... there is no option within the context menu to remove a specific artist from the music library.

And I didn't wanted to mess up my library by directly editing the SQlite database since I have no clue of this. :-)

There must be another option or not?

Edit:
I just realized the following. Moving away the mp3s, cleaning library and the entry is missing. Working as suspected. Now moving the mp3s back to the folder, updating library and still the old and wrong artist name is reappearing. What's going on there?
music library reflects your filesystem. remove the files (or re-tag), update, voila.
spiff Wrote:music library reflects your filesystem. remove the files (or re-tag), update, voila.

No, that i definitely not working. I retagged and removed the files (as written above) and still no change. If retagging would have worked I wouldn't have bothered you here. :-)

Something wrong with my xbmc install? I am using version 10.1 64bit, on openSUSE (packman repo).
no idea what you did wrong, but it's most definitely working here. i tried both removing and retagging, both are reflected after i update the library.
You are right. It was the "album artist" tag that messed it up. Or not really since it worked as supposed, but since I was editing my tags with easytag I completely forgot about it since there is no option to edit the album artist.

So everything’s fine now. Nevertheless thanks for the help and hints to solve it.