Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: error getting fanart folder that isn't.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Decided to purvey my set-up through the debug log... and was surprise that all the TV series have an error in the debug with failing to find extrafanart dir. e.g.

ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting D:\TV Shows\National Geographic\Adventure Wanted\extrafanart/

This normal for the SVN version 3.11.5 of Transparency ? looks like it is... and update to the latest 3.11.7 eliminated the issue almost completely but I still have sa few like this..

ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting extrafanart

Is the system expecting an extrafanart directory everywhere or is something pointing at a location that doesn't exist for a reason?
it will log such an error when it can't find an extrafanart folder for a tv show.

other than that, since the extrafanart implementation is a skin hack (ie. not natively supported by xbmc), the skin has to set the conditions when and when not to look for extrafanart of an item.

this results in a large list of visible conditions.
it's possible that i've missed some and the skin will try to load extrafanart for items when it shouldn't.

a Debug Log may provide some info on when and where these errors occur.
I have a similiar problem which i think may be related. extrafanart for me doesn't work at the episode level unless an extrafanart folder is present in the Show/Season XX/ directory. It doesn't matter whether or not Season fanart is enabled/disabled in the skin options.

Extrafanart works normally at the Show and Season levels.

I'm using T! SVN with XBMC pre-Eden.

I'm not at home at the moment so unable to post a debug log, but i'll post one as soon as I can.
please do and i'll look into it.

extrafanart should only be in the tvshow folder of course,
it shouldn't be needed to put it in seasons as well.

it works fine on my end btw.
make sure your T! svn version is up to date.
Debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/698216/

I've had a look through the log, but I can't really tell what's going wrong, hopefully there's enough info to help you debug the problem.

Just to clarify, my disk is structured like

/Library/Show/Season/Episode.vid

I have my extrafanart folder at:

/Library/Show/extrafanart

extrafanart displays correctly when browsing the XBMC library at show and season level, but not while browsing episodes. The setting 'TV shows - Use season fanart' is disabled in skin settings but enabling has exactly the same results.

As a workaround I have created a symbolic link in each 'Season' directory to point to '../extrafanart' and the fanart displays correctly at all levels.

Thanks for your time and the great skin. Smile
paddycarey Wrote:I've had a look through the log, but I can't really tell what's going wrong, hopefully there's enough info to help you debug the problem.

i was able to reproduce, so (hopefully) it's fixed in svn now.

cheers for reporting the issue!
Just updated and it's working great now, thanks Smile