Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mac Mini + OSX Lion => play Blu-Ray ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i've searched this forum, but didn't find what i was looking for :-( : How to play Blu-Ray ripped to HDD and play it in XBMC on Mac Mini.
Mac Mini mid 2010 [upgrade to 8GB RAM & SSD HDD, OSX Lion 10.7.1), audio => optical to receiver Onkyo, Video output => HDMI to Panasonic plasma HDTV.
Files are placed on NAS QNAP TS-419P which has no problems with accessing the files using SMB protocol. Whole network is built on 1GBit switches & router.
If i try to play Blu-Ray rip (not those MKV, but Blu-Ray whole structure ripped to HDD, i've recently purchased Star Wars Complete Saga and i don't want that the discs get scratched, so i've ripped them to HDD), the sound is 100% working, but picture is total jerky. Slowdowns of picture etc.... only sound is 100% working. Anything else is playing without any problems. I'm using latest nightly build, because Dharma 10.1 won't play Blu-Ray rips :-( ....

If i start the debug mode, processor is getting over 100% :-( but why ? I have the VDADECODER ON, no problems with NAS..... If I try to play MKV with big bitrate (30mbs), it plays without problems.....

Are there any ideas/suggestions what should i configure so that Blu-Ray ripps are playing without any problems ? Kids have in other room some crappy Tvix HD-6600N multimedia player and it plays those Blu-Ray ripps without any problem :-(

Is there any1 who can help me ? What setting files should i upload that someone could look at it ? THANK YOU very much.

Edit : I've upgraded to the todays nightly build xbmc-20110926-dab646e-master-i386.dmg and no progress. Only the CPU stays on 35-40%, FPS gets 3,9 or to 5...... but now its not overhurting processor...but its not watchable :-(
Why is in debug mode saying that CPU0 =0%, CPU1 = 0% and CPU-XBMC 36-40% Huh Have i something wrong configured ?
Hi ALFo,

i read your post with interest. I have the same configuration and the same problems. Sad
After some hours of reading posts and doing configuration of my xbmc i figured it out. (i hope).

This is what i did:
Go to System>Video>Playback
apply
Render method = Advanced shaders (GLSL)
Allow hardware acceleration (VVDADecoder) enable
Disable the rest.

By doing that the CPU-XBMC time is reduced to 30-20%

Can you confirm it? I have only 5 HD movies for testing and now "It Just Works" Wink

yoko tzuno