Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart keeps repeating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have enabled the fanart slideshow setting in the refocus skin (0.8.9.6 version) and I notice that either the fanart keeps repeating itself, or it starts off with a specific pattern everytime XBMC starts, because I always end up seeing the 4-5 fanart backgrounds everytime, with a couple of new ones every now and then. Can you tell me if there is any way to make it fully random?

P.S. This is a brilliant skin!
Are you using an external program to get movie and tv show information by any chance?
I had this happen to me quite a while ago. Even when I deleted the actual fanart files it kept on downloading the same fanart images and the folder was flooded with dozens of duplicates. At the time I was trying out an external program (can't remember which one) and once I stopped using that the problem was gone.
In any case there's nothing I can do to make it more random. The only thing involved in the code is an xml declaration that says make the images appear random.
Actually, this isn't very random at all. I keep seeing the same pictures 50% of the time I go to the home screen. How can it be random if I see it 2 out of 4 times, every time?

Probably, it selects the fanart randomly the first time, but plays it back in the same order every time one visits the home screen and sub menus?

P.S. I don't have any external programs.
Nope, it is set to random under all circumstances. If it is not appearing randomly it's probably either an xbmc issue or you have a lot of duplicates in your thumbnail cache (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\Fanart)
for some reason.
Check if there's duplicates in there (you can open the .tbn files by associating the filetype with an image viewer, it's just a renamed .jpg)
In any case, I am not experiencing this behavior.