Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Merge HD files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

How would I merge multiple (normally at least 3) downloaded HD (720p) files from Icefilms, into ONE file so I can watch in one go, without having to stop and start?

I have an ATV1 and the latest Dharma build with CHD.
Cheers,

M
This is not the forum for your request; as this is not a XBMC issue.
D-tyme Wrote:This is not the forum for your request; as this is not a XBMC issue.

It is if he's playing the movie IN XBMC :)
yeah...cheers Ned!

To confirm, I am playing it in XBMC. So thought this would be the best place to ask.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

M
One of the options is to add:
filename-part1
filename-part2
filename-part3
Or..
filename-cd1
.... and so on.

This way when added to xbmc it will play as one movie.
mmm, not sure what you mean.

I download these films from Icefilms. Just wanted to merge the 4 parts or so as one. So I click play just the once and don't have 4 or so intermissions!

M
It is even easier than that. If the files are MKV files then they can simply be appended using MKVTools.
will file stacking work within XBMC?

Cheers,

M
Stacking should work, assuming your naming convention is correct. It's what Machine-Sanctum suggested, only to have you blow him off.

If you really want to merge the files, there are software tools to do so. VirtualDub will append the files to one another with ease, if it recognizes the codec and container, but there are ways of getting that to happen.
right,

so all I do is rename, say 3 parts, to movie-part1, movie-part2 and so in.

That simple?

However, can't test it now as the Missus is hogging my toy and is engrossed on some soppy drama....Smile

M
Your have to refresh the movie if its already in your library

I believe default stacking supports as well as part1, part2, etc

cd, dvd, part, pt, disk, disc

If all your movies are in one directory its probably a good idea to avoid using part1, part2 because movies like "The Godfather" are named part 1, 2, 3