Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Smb sharing problems since update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey all,

i've recently updated my xbmc version + i've installed some sort of security patch for my mac (os 10.3, latest updates) and since then i can't access my smb shares anymore (i share using "sharepoints", used to work like a charm). xbmc keeps asking for a u/p and i know i'm typing in the right combos, even made a new xbox/xbox user but that didn't help either.
the daap itunes server still works btw.

anyone? thanks!
alrighty, solved it myself.

the update apparently turned off "windows file sharing" in the "sharing" settings of osx. pffft!
turned it back on, works like a charm again.
damn i've had the same problem but i did re check my windows sharing.. it's on and it's still not working. when i try to access my smb shares i'm asked for my username and then my password.. and then my username and then... and on and on... very wierd... i can't access anything on my mac... it's getting annoying... what else could it be ?
sounds like it may be related to this change (from the changelog):

- 31-03-2005 added: initial support for smb share username/password prompting if it's not set in xboxmediacenter.xml. thanks to billjam for the patch.

does your bookmark have a username and password defined? if not, add it. the prompting should go away.
hey thanks for answering...
yes my bookmarks do have it.

<bookmark>
<name>movies on mac</name>
<path>smb://paul:[email protected]/movies/</path>
</bookmark>

i also have bookmarks with

<path>smb://paul:xxx@pauls-mac/movies/</path>

i haven't changed that.

i didn't change my share points settings... the ones that used to work. they are similar to the ones from people who have this thing working and have sent me picts of the sharepoints settings.

i also turned on window sharing in the sharing pref pane... (which apparently was turned off after the latest security update and which would not allow smb shares anymore.)

looks like everything is set right.... !!!!
anyone else using a mac having this problem ?

everytime i try to access my smb shares, i get asked for my username and my password and it just keeps asking on and on. even though it's in my xml file. could this be a bug that just doesn't show up with people using windows machines ?
still not working..i was wondering what other mac users use to smb share files ? could anyone not using sharepoints tell me how he does it ?i haven't encountered another way. but there might be one.