Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Touch breaks in full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got the latest nightly build as of two days ago and I'm loving the new skin. I'm actually running it on the Samsung Windows 8 slate given out at the //build conference. It runs beautifully except that touch stops working when you use the new full screen mode. Without full screen you can use either touch or the mouse, but whatever is being done to go full screen stops touch from working (the mouse does still work full screen).

I tried changing the option for "full screen window instead of true full screen" but that didn't make a difference. Is there anything that can be done to get this working? I absolutely love this new skin but right now I've gone back to Confluence TouchMe mod because I kept accidentally bumping full screen and there wasn't any way to get out of it without a keyboard or mouse attached.

I know I'm running this on Windows 8, which I know is unsupported. But I believe the multi-touch in Windows 8 is nearly identical to the multi-touch on Windows 7 so I think you'd see the same issue on a Windows 7 PC with multi-touch support. Something like a Dell XT2 or an HP TX2 or HP TouchSmart with the right drivers loaded.

If you want to fully test it on Windows 8, you can get the developer preview from dev.windows.com.

Thank you for any thoughts and please keep up the great work on this incredibly awesome skin.
P.S. any chance we'll see lists that can scroll directly using touch instead of using scroll bars? The top menu supports swiping with a finger today so I'm hoping there will be support like that in lists.

Thanks!
I can't help you sorry the only touch device I have is an ipad and touch stuff works fine on that and last I looked mouse works fine in fullscreen on windows 7 so maybe it is a windows 8 thing
I have the same problem on my Dell Duo running Windows 7. Touch Screen just stops as soon a music or films are played in full screen. I recently stuck the Windows 8 developer build on my duo and still have the same issue. I think its a windows issue. In both windows 7 & 8 the mouse still works.
Hello,

Same problem here on the Samsung slate. I researched the problem a bit further and I believe buttons in full screen work until mouse cursor is visible. After the OSD and mouse cursor disappears buttons stop working. When screen is touched OSD is displayed but the mouse cursor is not and the buttons do not work. If I use the stylus to display mouse cursor the buttons start working.

I believe that if it would be possible to display the cursor after screen is touched the problem would be resolved.
Same problem here with Windows 8 developer preview and Acer Iconia W500. I've not tested it with a mouse connected, to find out the cursor thing. maybe it's a simple XML fix. I'll dig a little deeper when I've some spare time
Its not a simple xml fix and input has nothing to do with the skin other than the location of things to click
--EDIT
Realised this was off topic. Sorry
Making a new thread instead.
This is definitely a problem with the Confluence skin and not a problem with Windows 8. I can now confirm that this problem happens with the same hardware when Windows 7 is installed and multi-touch drivers are in use (Dell XT2, HP TX2, Dell Duo, etc.). I can also confirm that this problem does not happen on Windows 7 or Windows 8 when I use the Confluence TouchME mod by DJtoll.

I badly want to use the newest Confluence skin. It's such a great looking skin (amazing work Jezz). Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Also, is there any way to allow me to scroll lists by dragging the list itself rather than having to use the scroll bars?
I'm going to retract something I just said because now I'm not entirely positive it is only a problem with the Confluence skin. I was reading what Miso said above and I did some additional testing. When Confluence goes into full screen I cannot hit any of the controls (buttons, slider, X button, nothing). Touching the screen DOES bring the OSD up, but nothing responds to additional touches.

The interesting thing is that all I have to do is bring the STYLUS within range of the screen and the elements become touchable. Let me say that again: All I have to do is bring the stylus within RANGE of the screen. I don't even have to touch the screen with the stylus. I just have to make sure that I get the stylus close enough that the small stylus dot starts tracking the stylus around the screen. As soon as the dot shows up and starts tracking the stylus I can put it away and go about touching buttons and sliders without a problem. HOWEVER, as soon as I let the OSD fade away the problem returns. Touching the screen will bring up the OSD but nothing is clickable until I bring the stylus in range again.

As I said in my previous post, the Confluence TouchME mod by DJToll doesn't exhibit this behavior. There must have been some change made to Confluence after he forked off from the skin that's causing the problem. I thought I read somewhere recently about new OSD features in Eden. Is it possible that the current Confluence is using OSD features that didn't exist at the time when Confluence TouchME was forked?
Some more testing. I can now confirm this problem isn't just limited to Confluence. Sorry Jezz, I really shouldn't have said that without doing more testing.

This problem exists with all of the newer skins. Same problem with Transparency and same problem with Neon.

What's also very interesting is the Neon skin uses an OSD that's nearly identical to what Confluence TouchME has but Neon exhibits the problem and TouchME does not.

Any ideas?
Not a clue
I have submitted an official bug report here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12394
Based on the solution already mentioned before and if you using xbmc-standalone you just have to add:

Code:
export SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0

at the end of the ".profies" file in the xbmc home directory
Just for your info. With me the "trick" with the SDL_MOUSE_RELATIVE export does not work with a EETI based touch screens. Been searching for a solution now for almost a year...

Looks like I will need a crash course in coding and dig into the core code of XBMC...

Honestly: this kind of issues that get no solution is where non-open source products win upon.