Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New device configured - Generic HID device
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I did a clean install of XBMC to see if that would resolve the issue, but it did not. I keep seeing Generic HID device on the screen and it doesn't disappear.
monkeysez Wrote:I did a clean install of XBMC to see if that would resolve the issue, but it did not. I keep seeing Generic HID device on the screen and it doesn't disappear.

I posted earlier that the Oct 2nd did not resolve.

I believe they said that the fix would be in tomorrow's (Oct 3rd) GIT.
zebraitis Wrote:I posted earlier that the Oct 2nd did not resolve.

I believe they said that the fix would be in tomorrow's (Oct 3rd) GIT.

thanks for the heads up...might be a dumb Q, but when you say GIT, does that = nightly release? Big Grin
Well I'm excited to have it fixed again. It is hard to read subtitles in the default skin.

Git is the repository where the nightlies are kept.
the peripheral subsystem is meant to add the ability to XBMC to configure how a certain device is used within XBMC. currently, the only two devices that really add something to it are the Pulse-Eight Nyxboard and CEC-adapter. other devices can be added to the subsystem later, and it's not just for Pulse-Eight hardware of course.

you can see this change as "part 1" of implementing support for peripherals. "part 2" would be implementing this kind of support via add-ons, but we need binary add-on support first and have to add some things to the add-on interface too, in order to be able to map vendorid+productid to a certain add-on. this "part 2" won't be implemented in Eden, but in the next version.

monkeysez Wrote:Git is the repository where the nightlies are kept.
git is the repository where we maintain our sources in. the nightlies are built using that source.
The latest nightly build makes no problems anymore. Perfect!
timmi1000 Wrote:The latest nightly build makes no problems anymore. Perfect!
You beat me to it...

and thanks for the GIT/Nightly lesson Big Grin
timmi1000 Wrote:The latest nightly build makes no problems anymore. Perfect!

Yepper! Whoo-hoo!

Nod
Pages: 1 2 3 4