Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [REQUEST] "Linkwire" Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know nothing about programming but had an idea this evening. Not sure if this has been brought up before or not, my apologies if it has.

Here we go...

I have a remote control app on my Android phone called "XBMC REMOTE", great app btw. Would it be possible create an option, that when I select a link on my phones browser, such as, a flash stream or any other video link, that the XBMC REMOTE app would give you the option to send to XBMC and could be played through my HTPC? Not sure if this would provide a way to watch Netflix or not but I think if possible would be a great addition to XBMC. If not flush this and disregard... out.
Its there all ready, at least in the official XBMC remote. Once the remote is installed and working you can click on a video link in the android browser and it will ask if you want to play the file on your phone using an installed app or if you want to play it in XBMC. Choosing XBMC will send a link to XBMC and it will play with its internet connection.

Not sure if it works for Netflix though. It may work in Windows but I doubt it would play in Linux (netflix and Linux don't like each other because of silverlight).
htpc guy Wrote:Its there all ready, at least in the official XBMC remote. Once the remote is installed and working you can click on a video link in the android browser and it will ask if you want to play the file on your phone using an installed app or if you want to play it in XBMC. Choosing XBMC will send a link to XBMC and it will play with its internet connection.

Not sure if it works for Netflix though. It may work in Windows but I doubt it would play in Linux (netflix and Linux don't like each other because of silverlight).

correct all you do is long press a video link and choose to share the link,menu will pop up and choose xbmc then should start streaming. Also I use a couple different browsers dolphin hd and xscope.
Hmm... tried that long press on link. Nothing. Maybe my file associations are screwed up. Will look into it? Do you know if this works for flash video?