Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keyboard media buttons some work some don't (Logi K350)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my Logitech K350 the Next, Prev, Stop and Play/Pause buttons work just fine but the Volume up/down and mute buttons don't work. They work in MPC HT just fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting them to work?
I'd guess the volume buttons generate appcommand messages. XBMC ignores these messages so they get passed on to Windows where they control the Windows volume. You can't change this in v10.1 though the impending v11.0 can be configured to respond to volume appcommands.

To check if the volume buttons are sending appcommands use ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
OK I Installed Eden Beta 3 today and have been messing with the appcommand.xml file trying to get it to register my vol up/down and mute buttons but still haven't gotten it to work

in the "AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps" I have a new file. I copied everyting from the default and changed
[HTML]
<volume_mute/>
<volume_down/>
<volume_up/>
[/HTML]
to
[HTML]<volume_mute>VolumeMute<volume_mute/>
<volume_down>VolumeDown<volume_down/>
<volume_up>VolumeUp<volume_up/>[/HTML]
nothing changes
I tried the same thing in the default file in the program directory all that accomplished was that none of my other media buttons would work (stop, play, etc.)

I've tried plenty of other variations too, still nothing.

the keys are WM_APPCOMMAND 10 - up
the keys are WM_APPCOMMAND 9 - down
the keys are WM_APPCOMMAND 8 - mute

I need to have XBMC control the volume because I am running it as the shell.
The file should be:

Code:
<volume_mute>VolumeMute</volume_mute>
<volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
<volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>

You have the slashes in the wrong place.

The debug log would have told you that XBMC found an error in your appcommand.xml. To generate a debug log enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC.

You can open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. If you want us to look at the log copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
*face palm* thanks, I FAIL

EDIT: for anyone reading this the command is "Mute" not "VolumeMute"
Can you tell little more about this:
- what fileName did you create under /keymaps/ folder?
- What is the content of that file conserning volumebuttons...Xml structure I suppose..

I have Logitech DiNocvo Mini..Volume buttons does not have any effect...
realjobe Wrote:I have Logitech DiNocvo Mini..Volume buttons does not have any effect...

Do the volume buttons control the Windows volume? If so, press Windows-R in in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\appcommand.xml"

click OK and when Notepad asks if you want to create a new file answer Yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
      <volume_mute>Mute</volume_mute>
      <volume_down>VolumeDown</volume_down>
      <volume_up>VolumeUp</volume_up>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. This should be all you need to do to get the volume buttons working in Eden. NB this will have no effect in v10.1 or earlier versions of XBMC.

JR
Thank you for the tip, but it did not have any efect.
Keyboards volume&Mute buttos so efect at Windows level and there are visual presentations of the screen when these buttons are pressed.

appcommand.xml under keymaps for user did not have efect to Xbmc's volume slider.
Grab ShowKey from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and use it to what keystrokes or appcommands the volume keys are sending.

JR
Thanx.
Odd behaviour with SetPoint 6.3 for Dinovo Mini:
Pressing "PLAY" results
Code:
<play_pause>Notification(Key, play_pause, 3)</play_pause>
but none of the volumebuttons result any. Probably Driver consumes it?