Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help to a newbiee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello guys!im new here nice to find you.
I have some questions about this awesome program!!
1- I need to make kmplayer as a default player...is there a guide over here??Tongue
2- I want to add a category for games
3- At the panel where u can search movies by genre,year,etc i want to add a category like "broswe all movies" .can i do that?
thanks a lot guys!!
hey,

1) I think theres a wiki page about this, but i didn't find it right now...
2) Basic XBMC can't handle games. But you could use the Advanced Launcher Plugin (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724)
3) I don't think you need to add such a category, since you always browse all movies. You only change the sorting. So you probably want to choose "by title"

bye
1. Yes - look in the wiki and the forums for how to set up playercorefactory.xml
2. Some skins allow you to add custom categories to the main menu and one of the can certainly be games. How you would set it up is dependent on the games you want to play. I suggest looking at launcher and advanced launcher add-ons as a start. Search the forums for advice on these
3. Yes you can. I thought that when you selected movies from the main menu you browsed all movies by default. You should be able to find this view if you play around a bit

Also a good place to start is with the online manual - also found in the wiki.
Guys thanks for the assistance! i have done this..--->
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="KMPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
     <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\The KMPlayer\kmplayer.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mov|hdmov|flv|vob" filename=".*480.*|.*720.*|.*1080.*" player="KMPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
But it plays some movies,not all...
i have done something wrong??
nikos13cs Wrote:But it plays some movies,not all...
i have done something wrong??

You can make the external player play all videos with the rule:

Code:
<rule name="AllVideo" video="true" player="KMPlayer"/>

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You can make the external player play all videos with the rule:

Code:
<rule name="AllVideo" video="true" player="KMPlayer"/>

JR

thanks
We're looking for some step-by-step how-tos on getting external players working with XBMC for the wiki. If anyone wants to try their hand at one, even just a draft, feel free to register on the wiki or just post one in this thread! It would be greatly appreciated!