Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Thunderbolt iMacs + HDMI adapter and HD Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the new thunderbolt iMacs accompanied by an HDMI adapter capable of bitstreaming HD audio (TrueHD, and DTS-MA)? I see from the mac mini thread the new minis are capable of this. I was wondering if this applied to the other thunderbolt equipped computers in conjunction with an HDMI adapter. Thanks.
Yes I recently just got the MBP with the Thunderbolt and I'm currently using a Mini-Display Port to HDMI cable. Plugs right into the Thunderbolt port and plays sound Smile
G-Force Wrote:Are the new thunderbolt iMacs accompanied by an HDMI adapter capable of bitstreaming HD audio (TrueHD, and DTS-MA)? I see from the mac mini thread the new minis are capable of this. I was wondering if this applied to the other thunderbolt equipped computers in conjunction with an HDMI adapter. Thanks.

hello, i have also new apple with same outputs (iMac)
the secret is to have AMD card, if You don't , You can still use audio output but as PCM via HDMI.
i run windows 7 on IMac and finely the sound drivers for windows are showing support for dolbyHD and DTS MASTER, so i first tryed BOXEE for Win 7 , and it works !!!
it pass-true any HD sound to my MARANTZ sound system with no problem,
XBMC have a special build with also have settings for HD sound to switch them on like in Boxee , so all You need to do its google it. if not send me e-mail i will zip it and sent it to You.
also : about mini hdmi to hdmi on imac , i did buy like 5 kinds from B&H- they all the same , so buy the cheapest one.
mac -LION, SNOW still don't support HD sound pass true. but You can use extremely high bit rate output in settings , but its not direct DOLBY HD or DTS MASTER HD out