Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: nfs problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm running haneWIN NFS server on a windows 7 box. I can connect perfectly with the atv2 (nfs://192.../share...)

I've just done a minimal natty install and compiled the latest xbmc form git. It runs, and I can see and browse my nfs server, but when I select a directory on the nfs share, i briefly see the contents of the directory, then xbmc restarts.

I have DEBUG enabled, but the last part of the log file is not very descriptive:

12:02:29 T:12838720 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0b) pressed, action is Select
12:02:29 T:12838720 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (nfs://192.168.10.107/media/Video/TV/)
12:02:29 T:12838720 DEBUG: ParentPath = [sources://video/]
12:02:29 T:3052391280 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libnfs.so.0)
12:02:29 T:3052391280 DEBUG: Loading: libnfs.so.0
12:02:29 T:3052391280 DEBUG: NFS: Connected to server 192.168.10.107 and export /media (chunks: r/w 8192/8192)
12:02:29 T:12838720 DEBUG: RunQuery took 1 ms for 1 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview where c17=3
12:02:29 T:3060783984 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: 0
12:02:29 T:3060783984 INFO: Caching image from: nfs://192.168.10.107/media/Video/TV/Band of Brothers/folder.jpg to special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/4/4c66dc27.tbn with width 512 and height 512
12:02:29 T:3060783984 DEBUG: CFileNFS::Open - opened media/Video/TV/Band of Brothers/folder.jpg

any ideas? It actually sounds a lot like this post (post 5 and 6):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=nfs

Thanks.
full log needed ... paste it to pastebin.com and put the link here plz
bilybob Wrote:full log:

http://pastebin.com/wtjFExgE

Thanks.

no error in that debug log. what do you mean by "xbmc restarts"? Does it crash? If so i need a stack trace ... though i don't know how to get one ... a linux dev should jump in here then...
I had similar issues but I installed nfs-common anyway (sudo apt-get install nfs-common) and it went away. I know it's supposed to include this but I'm wondering if this might fix your problem.
In linux you get a crash log in the home library named e.g. xbmc_crashlog-20110914_161644.log

Guess that is what you are after Memphiz?
here is the crash log:

http://pastebin.com/jpgdkKhD

I tried installing nfs-common, but it was already installed.

Thanks guys...
vikjon0 Wrote:In linux you get a crash log in the home library named e.g. xbmc_crashlog-20110914_161644.log

Guess that is what you are after Memphiz?

yeah thats it ...

unfortunatly it states

Code:
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.

so the interesting bits or not in there (installing gdb and generate a new crashlog might help) ... did i mention that the debug log looks like if it did a clean exit of xbmc?
http://pastebin.com/bP7467Ay

Here is the crash log with gdb installed.

http://pastebin.com/Tac2xghY

More gdb output...

I know and agree it looks like it just exits, but, it is generating a crash log? And why is it exiting?

Thanks for your help.
Thx for the logs. Which version of libnfs do you use - did you compile it yourself? Or are there already precompiled versions of libnfs around for ubuntu?
Why not use smb/cifs instead? I had problems with nfs, switched to smb and it works better. I wouldnt think the nfs support in win7 is very good.
I have a separate media sharing computer, with 2 clients (an atv2 and this linux box that started as xbmclive). The 2 clients share a db. So when I upgraded the media center, I ended up having to go into the db and manually update all the paths, so then I figured I'd give nfs a try as it is supposed to be more efficient.

I reconfigured the db with nfs paths to everything. The atv2 is set up and running with nfs. So I need the same paths in the shared db. Therefore I need nfs on the linux box. I suppose I could revert everything back to SMB, but at this point I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, as I gather it should work.

So far in the process of getting nfs on the linux box, I've completely wiped it, installed Ubuntu Minimal, and followed instructions to get the latest unstable build from ppa. When I ran that nfs didn't work; no option for nfs when browse, and no errors for missing libnfs in the log. I even tried using nfs path anyway, still didn't work. So then I figured I'd try the latest unstable src code, which I've compiled and successfully have running, except for nfs.

I believe I am using the latest code from git (if someone can tell me how to confirm this...)

My libnfs seems to have come along with the code from git, I believe? The files seem to be dated 2011-Sept-06. Not sure how else to tell the version?

Thanks for your help.
hmm ok.

Im also sharing the db between clients so the path needs to be the same. Why would the paths be different between the clients if you are running cifs? Doesnt atv2 have support for Cifs? But nevermind. =)

In the new installation youve installed nfs-common? Maybe you need to installs ibnfsidmap2?
"apt-get install ibnfsidmap2"
gobba Wrote:In the new installation youve installed nfs-common? Maybe you need to installs ibnfsidmap2?
"apt-get install ibnfsidmap2"

Thats not even in the near of "right". Please stop posting stuff if you are not sure that it helps anything. This only confuses the thread owner and makes supporting even harder.
bilybob Wrote:I have a separate media sharing computer, with 2 clients (an atv2 and this linux box that started as xbmclive). The 2 clients share a db. So when I upgraded the media center, I ended up having to go into the db and manually update all the paths, so then I figured I'd give nfs a try as it is supposed to be more efficient.

I reconfigured the db with nfs paths to everything. The atv2 is set up and running with nfs. So I need the same paths in the shared db. Therefore I need nfs on the linux box. I suppose I could revert everything back to SMB, but at this point I'd really like to get to the bottom of this, as I gather it should work.

So far in the process of getting nfs on the linux box, I've completely wiped it, installed Ubuntu Minimal, and followed instructions to get the latest unstable build from ppa. When I ran that nfs didn't work; no option for nfs when browse, and no errors for missing libnfs in the log. I even tried using nfs path anyway, still didn't work. So then I figured I'd try the latest unstable src code, which I've compiled and successfully have running, except for nfs.

I believe I am using the latest code from git (if someone can tell me how to confirm this...)

My libnfs seems to have come along with the code from git, I believe? The files seem to be dated 2011-Sept-06. Not sure how else to tell the version?

Thanks for your help.

As far as i know nfs is disabled in ppa because of problems with building the libnfs. So if you compiled yourself you should have done something like:

Code:
make -C lib/libnfs && sudo make -C lib/libnfs install

before the configure. But i wonder if you just don't remember that step or if you didn't do it and libnfs comes from elsewhere.

What i want to say. If it works with atv2 and you use the same libnfs on your ubuntu - it will work on ubuntu aswell.

And once more. NFS Support in XBMC doesn't depend on anything but libnfs (so no nfs-common or other crap needed ...)
Pages: 1 2