Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Transferring database from one pc to another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have XBMC setup on a laptop (win7 64 bit) connected to a server - working great !.

I transfered the userdata folder from it to a new stand alone pc (Win7 32 bit) so I wouldn't have to go through the scraping and renaming routine again.

When I start XBMC on the stand alone pc, my library (library mode) shows up w/thumbnails and fanart just as I want but when I select the movie I get the message: file no longer available, do you want to remove it ?. If I go to the "root" view, everything shows up and plays properly.
I tried editing the sources folder as such: (all movies are on the root of the drives, as are the tv shows)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<sources> -<programs> <default pathversion="1"/> </programs> -<video> <default pathversion="1"/> -<source> <name>Tv</name> <path pathversion="1">D:\</path> </source> -<source> <name>Movies</name> <path pathversion="1">E:\</path> </source> </video> -<music> <default pathversion="1"/> </music> -<pictures> <default pathversion="1"/> </pictures> -<files> <default pathversion="1"/> </files> </sources>

but the "link" is still not found. Does the edit look ok ?
Could the problem be in the userdata\database\MyVideos34 database file?
If so, can this be "reindexed" or modified somehow to sync up with the other information ?
Could it be a Win7 64 bit vs 32 bit thing ?
Thanks for any advise
If you copy the database (in the userdata folder) over then the source path needs to be the same on both the old PC and the new one. If you have edited sources.xml then I'm guessing this is the case. Sources.xml only tells XBMC where to look for media and changing it will not affect the library. That's why you can use it in file mode but library mode is causing problems.

To sort it out you will want to go back to the laptop and export the library in Settings | Video and Settings | Music. It is probably easiest to do this as a single file. Then use a text editor to edit this library export file (I suggest notepad++). Change all occurrences of the old path to the library to the new path). Then copy that exported library to the new PC and import it. That should fix the issue.
Thanks for the reply,
I will give it a try and post the results.