Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help installing xbmc live to my new custom buildt htpc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Ive finally after some hardware issues, managed to complete my htpc build.

Specs:
Case - Apex MI-008
Mobo - ASUS P8H67-I B3, Socket-1155 mini-ITX
SSD - Corsair SSD Force Series™ F40A
Gpu - ASUS GeForce GT 430 1GB Direct CU Silent
PSU - Be quiet sfx-350w

Do I need to format\partition the ssd before I am able to install xbmc live to it, and how do I do that? This is the first time Ive buildt a pc and I have very little experience with linux (I know a little bit about putty and using the command line).

Ive tried to install xbmc live, but When I try to install xbmc live, I have to "configure iscsi volumes" or "finish partitioning and write changes to disk". If I choose "finish partitioning...." I get the message "No root filesystem is defined, Please correct this from the partitioning menu." If I choose "configure iscsi volumes" and then "Log into iscsi targets" I have to enter an ip adress to scan for iscsi targets. I have no clue what to type in or do now, and I guess this is not a serious issue.

Please help me
Got help with this in another thread of mine. Had to set SATA TYPE to AHCI...

But now after Ive successfully installed xbmc live (stable release Dharma 10.1), it wont boot into xbmc but into the command line. What causes this? Do I need to manually install any drivers, or is the installation session supposed to take care of that?

Thanks in advance

Edit: One more thing. About 30 sec after Ive booted into the command line, the screen turns black and I cant even type "ctrl" "alt" "delete".
Thanks... helped with the same problem I was having here Smile