Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: remote Can't connect to server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if my problems are directly caused by XBMC or some thing else in my system but I was hoping some one that understands log files could tell me if it is XBMC or if I need to look some where else.

Several weeks ago I swapped my old router for an Airport Extreme. I am running XBMC on a MacPro 5,1 with OS10.6.8 and XBMC V10.1. I have XBMC running on my TV as a non-mirrored secondary monitor in another room. I use XBMoteC as a remote on an iPad2. Running iOS 4 or 5 has made no difference. The problem is that after starting a TV recording and the iPad goes to sleep sometimes when I wake up the iPad it cannot connect to the XBMC server. I have even started fast forwarding through some commercials so the iPad is not going to sleep and then try to start playing again and during that short time the remote loses connection. When this happens I also can not connect to the Mac using Rowmote, or Mobile Mouse. I can connect using Splashtop. What used to work to correct the problem was to turn the iPad off then back on. When doing this the remotes would reconnect. Last night I tried force quitting the remote, tuned the ipad on and off, stopped the Rowmote and Mobile Mouse servers to see if they were conflicting with the XBMC server but none of these worked. I also quit XBMC and XBMC helper then restarted them and that only worked if I left them off for sometime like 5-10 minutes. Immediately restarting did not help. I have been running this set up for at least 6 months now and the problem started several weeks ago about the time I changed routers. I was starting to see some of this problem with the old router but it's Wifi signal was getting flaky and I may have incorrectly contributed the problems to that.

This morning I started a debug logging and watched a recording. At the end of the show I tried to use the remote and it could not connect. If the log does not point to XBMC I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Debug log
Try turning off 5 GHz band on the Airport base station. I had a problem like that where my iPod touch would sometimes not connect to my local devices (VNC, remote app, file sharing) at weird times, and it went away when I had everything going through the normal 2.4 GHz band. I think it's some kind of bug on the APE base station.