Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Profile with no password pops up password box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 profiles, one with a password for us and one for the kids with no password. When I log in to the kids the password box pops up. I can dismiss it without putting the password and use the system, but its a bit annoying. any idea why this migth be?

I have attached a log, after logging in as master user, turning on debugging, logging out, logging in as the kids, and dismissing the dialog.

Thanks
MAC OSX - v11 (Eden):

I've the same problem. Created 2 profiles, 1 profile with numeric password, other profile without password.
When I'm using the login screen, both profiles keep asking for a password.

Is there an answer for this issueHuh
I've noticed the same thing. There seems to be a lot of unexpected requests for passwords. And not the ones I expect.

When you set a password on one profile, XBMC requires you to create a master password. Then, that seems to be the only one that gets asked for, and it gets asked for when changing profiles in either direction, as well as when removing sources and so on. I'm confused by it all and want to get away from the multiple profile thing.
(2012-11-28, 00:55)Glorious1 Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed the same thing. There seems to be a lot of unexpected requests for passwords. And not the ones I expect.

When you set a password on one profile, XBMC requires you to create a master password. Then, that seems to be the only one that gets asked for, and it gets asked for when changing profiles in either direction, as well as when removing sources and so on.
Select "Enter master mode" on the Shutdown menu, enter your master lock password and you won't be prompted again for a password when you select restricted functions such as removing sources, etc. When you are done with your maintenance work, select "Leave master mode" on the Shutdown menu to re-enable the lock on restricted functions.

Quote:I'm confused by it all and want to get away from the multiple profile thing.
If you don't like/need profiles, you can always delete the extraneous ones. You can also remove the master lock if you don't need to secure access to certain application functions (e.g., you're the only one using the system).
(2012-11-28, 01:13)artrafael Wrote: [ -> ]Select "Enter master mode" on the Shutdown menu, enter your master lock password and you won't be prompted again for a password when you select restricted functions such as removing sources, etc. When you are done with your maintenance work, select "Leave master mode" on the Shutdown menu to re-enable the lock on restricted functions.

Good tip. Thank you!