Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am not sure what happened, but I lost the fanart for about half my tv shows (seemingly at random). I still have art for each season but from the TV SHow library page a lot of them dont have fanart.

I remember that you used to be able to go to tv show information and then get fanart and there would be a list of them you could download and then set as your fanart, but now when I click on browse it only lets me look locally not on the internet. Is there a setting I missed somwhere for this? Thanks.
Not sure what happened to your fanart either, might have been a re-scrape that got some of the TV shows wrong... or an extrafanart folder with nothing in it? If they're not in the TV series folder.. as fanart.jpg or the extrafanart folder then you'll have to grab some.

Different solutions follow...

-XBMC: when you scrape, you may get some.. pick. After a while it looks like the choices get flushed out of the system. A re-scrape will bring them back..

-Third party media managers can grab them for you, and sometimes give you options for more than one.

-There's a new plugin that makes the extrafanart folder for you and scrapes multiples it finds... very nice, I've only tried it on XBMC Pre-Eden but it does a great job...

-Google some on your own... if yo don't want multiple fanart.... call it fanart.jpg (XBMC sees .png too) and stick it in the series root folder and refresh if needed; to introduce it to the library.

I've never had an issue with not finding a background. Under the skin I use, there is options for multi-slide shows, so if the particular series has no fanart... it defaults to this, though it may not be specific.
westcoastbias Wrote:So I am not sure what happened, but I lost the fanart for about half my tv shows (seemingly at random). I still have art for each season but from the TV SHow library page a lot of them dont have fanart.

I remember that you used to be able to go to tv show information and then get fanart and there would be a list of them you could download and then set as your fanart, but now when I click on browse it only lets me look locally not on the internet. Is there a setting I missed somwhere for this? Thanks.

Have you used any program to clean out your thumnails or something like that? Can also be a skin problem as you have season fanart working.
Like PatK suggested you could try a resfresh of one tv show and maybe that solves it.

PatK Wrote:N
-There's a new plugin that makes the extrafanart folder for you and scrapes multiples it finds... very nice, I've only tried it on XBMC Pre-Eden but it does a great job...

-Google some on your own... if yo don't want multiple fanart.... call it fanart.jpg (XBMC sees .png too) and stick it in the series root folder and refresh if needed; to introduce it to the library.

I've never had an issue with not finding a background. Under the skin I use, there is options for multi-slide shows, so if the particular series has no fanart... it defaults to this, though it may not be specific.

Glad you like the add-on Smile
A new update will be released probably this week to the xbmc repo with some new features. You can already download as an install zip file. Follow the link in my signature and go to the last post. In the future we like to expand it to downloading also the fanart.jpg and the extrathumbs for movies.

For the extrafanart to work the skin must support something like that. If you don't want a lot of fanart we have made an option to limit the fanart to a minimum of 5 per title.
Add-on should work fine on Dharma10 to. That saying that if you use smb:// sources there's some manual work needed at the time.