Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Feature Request: Don't tell me about the socket timeout, just keep trying reconnect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most phones automatically turn off the wireless when they go to low power mode. Even though the device reacquires an IP address and the XBMC server connection is soon reestablished, I think it is a bad user experience to have a popup containing only options to go to the Settings or Close dialogs.

Sometimes the reacquiring of the connection takes just a little more than the timeout. So right as the timeout is reached, the network becomes available. You can increase the timeout, but the problem still exists: The first connection attempt might not go through because the network is not ready, causing a timeout.

I perhaps think a more friendly dialog box should have a spinner, indicating a countdown to reconnect or it just continuously doing it in the background. Below that, I was thinking of perhaps a 'Host Settings' button that goes to that host serve configuration -specifically- and a 'Abort' button ('abort' the connection attempt not 'close' a dialog).