Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Some video episodes missing 'rating' - help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Some of my tv episodes are missing the 'ratings' within library mode. There are only about 3 or 4 episodes missing them however it obviously annoys me that they are missing.

Is there a way to get them to apppear? I've manually gone to rescan that folder, rescan library and also refresh on the update episode section but no joy.

Any thoughts?

Alternatively how can you disable them completely - they mean less for TV than they do for movies.

Thanks.
Hello,

The missing ratings are either not A.) entered into TheTVDB so that the XBMC scraper does not pick them up or B.) entered in a tag in an nfo file for XBMC to scrape locally.
There are at least a couple things you could do.

1.) Go to TheTVDB and enter the correct ratings for the show/episodes that you need, then rescrape the episodes/show.

2.) Enter the rating into your nfo file for the show/episodes. If you do not have nfo files with your show/episodes, you can make one or have XBMC export them to individual files, enter the missing ratings and then rescrape locally.

3.) There is a lovely little XBMC utility that I use, XWMM, available in the "Supplemental Tools" forum. This will allow you to go directly into the XBMC database and change whatever information about Shows/episodes/movies/music that you wish, including adding missing Ratings.

Those are some of the things I have come up with. Others may have more ideas.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Thanks for your reply - i'll try and add a little more info.

I use sickbeard to download. It puts an NFO. For one episode i'm having trouble with it puts <rating /> instead of the normal <Rating>8.0</Rating> for example.

I don't quite recall where sickbeard gets its data from - thought it was tvdb as well.

Anyway - i've tried removing that rating line and rescanning with xbmc but to no avail.

I can see on the TVDB site that the episode has a rating there?
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...6600&lid=7

(Bored to death - season 3 episode 2).

Strange?

(The other option is to totally turn the ratings off if possible).
If you have fixed the tag as you have shown here: <rating>8.0</rating>, you can delete the episode from XBMC, clean the XBMC database and then upgrade the database. That should get you to where you want to be.

Short of doing this, you may want to try XWMM as I described earlier.

Mark
Ahh I wasn't deleting then cleaning just deleting and rescanning - maybe that was it.

Just installed XWMM and that was easy to do thanks.

I guess my last question remains - can we turn off these ratings at all?
No need to delete - just refresh.
markjones99 Wrote:Ahh I wasn't deleting then cleaning just deleting and rescanning - maybe that was it.

Just installed XWMM and that was easy to do thanks.

I guess my last question remains - can we turn off these ratings at all?

I don't know about deleting the ratings. I suppose that you could delete the tags from your nfo files. XBMC won't find them if they are not there. I have never tried it though.
You probably could set them all to 0 using XWMM. That may take a while though.

Mark
The ratings display would be a skin setting, I think (although all skins seem to include it). You could edit the skin to remove the ratings field in the library display. At work at the moment so I can't have a look to see what files to modify to get this to happen.
Thanks - be great if you could find out.

Happened again overnight. More episodes without.
Had a look but I don't have much experience skinning so can't really find what I am looking for. I think that it would probably be easier to enter a ratings value using XWMM.