Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Harmony One remote, Problems with a Mac Mini with xbmc and Apple TV 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I have one I am not able to resolve or figure out. I have both an apple tv (2nd gen) and a mac mini using xbmc. Originally my remote when selected for xbmc(using harmony codes for plex player since that gives you the most options to control xbmc as opposed to using the mac mini option in harmony) the remote sends commands to both the apple tv and the mac mini. I was able to resolve the apple tv by pairing it the apple tv device on the harmony so controlling xbmc does not control the Apple tv anymore. The issue I have now though is when I control the apple tv, it still controls the xbmc app on the mac mini. The Plex player device in the harmony remote does not have a pair option for the mac mini, so I have not been able to pair it with that device. I changed the device for the mac mini from plex player to mac mini on the harmony remote and then I can pair it so the apple tv device no longer sends remote functions to the mac mini, but the issue I am facing now, I lost all my functions to navigate in xbmc doing this. I have tried learning the xbmc(plex player)commands from another harmony 880 remote into my harmony One mac mini device but the learned commands do not work when it is paired. I am just curious if anyone else has this setup and how they have resolved it. Thank you.
I am having the same problem. Any solutions?
No, I was just using the plex player for the harmony codes and dealing with the apple tv was getting commands sent to it also. The only option that would eliminate this is to use a Flirc IR USB devices http://flirc.tv/ since you will be using wireless keyboard commands which the apple tv will not understand.