Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where did i go wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
xbmc v1.0 build 9-24-04 was working fine, but was getting a bit stale, so i decided to update.

completely deleted old install folder under f:\apps (running evox).

deleted all cache files in x: y: z: partitions.

deleted 0face008 in e:udata and e:tdata.

(forgive me if i'm getting a few of the names wrong, i'm at work and going from memory)

ftp'd new xbmc v1.1 build 4-9-05 to f:\apps

evox sees the new install, as xbox media center appears under the apps menu, and attempts to load. screen goes blank, hard drive reads for a second or two, then drops back to the evox apps menu.

i have the xbmc .xml config file (forget the name) set to an error level of 0, but i can find no instance of a log file to see what the hell is going wrong.

as i am not running xbmc as my dash, i made no other mods to the .xml config file (left home-/home as it is).

my thoughts: do i have a bad build? do i need to change something in the skins folder? (i seem to remember on the v1.0 build i had to change something from pal to ntsc, or something)

help!!
do you have a compatible skin in the skins folder of xbmc, if it doesnt recognize a skin it wont start...thats the onyl thing i can think of right now, other than a bad xbmc copy...
(j_guzzler @ april 12 2005,00:21 Wrote:do you have a compatible skin in the skins folder of xbmc, if it doesnt recognize a skin it wont start...thats the onyl thing i can think of right now, other than a bad xbmc copy...
i am having a similar problem. it says there is no suitable skin in the directory, and then initializes ftp and reboots.

i have checked the skin folder, and i have checked the skin.xml files. each skin is in its own sub folder in e:\apps\xbmc\skins\.

they all say version 1.22. xbmc tells me i need version 1.2200, is that different in any way?
figured out my problem.

i'm using the xenium ice chip with their os (2.2.1 i believe). i was ftp'ing the files through it from my computer using flashfxp.

i learned two things: doing so is s-l-o-w, and for some reason the files don't get ftp'd correctly. they appear on the xbox hard drive, but don't run right, or at all in my case.

solution: still used flashfxp on computer side, but instead ftp'd through evox dash. transfer was much faster, and the files appear to get through correctly to the xbox.

so, as i see it, the ftp setup the xenium ice os uses has something wrong with it.