Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trailers: Buffering / playback issue in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some major problems with XBMC LIVE.

When playing trailers from my normal laptop (Youtube, Apple trailers etc etc), there is no problem (Total bandwidth is appox 1.2Mbit / sec).

When playing trailers from XBMC on my HTPC (Scraping through Themoviedb, with max resolution 720p. The trailers need buffering all the time :/

I'ts same network etc etc. (1gbit ethernet) So it's a problem with XBMC only.

I have read on the forums that in earlier build you could add some network cache, so the trailers was pre buffered. But i'm not sure if this would help?

What can be done to fix? because i guess its not a problem with the network card drivers in XBMC Live, since playback of movie files from my NAS i just fine. I can't find anything in advancedsettings.xml which could fix this..
No answers?
?
nobody will ever be able to help you without logs. thus you get no answers.
rasmuskarlsen Wrote:When playing trailers from my normal laptop (Youtube, Apple trailers etc etc), there is no problem (Total bandwidth is appox 1.2Mbit / sec).

When playing trailers from XBMC on my HTPC (Scraping through Themoviedb, with max resolution 720p. The trailers need buffering all the time :/

Your comparison is pointless unless you are using the exact same URL for the same trailer that XBMC is using, trailers come from hd-trailers.net

I get Buffering from HD-Trailers.net on 720p in my browser but don't have problems from other sites which is why I use local trailers
I solved it by deactivating HD-Trailers.net. To use this site i think you must have a 20mbit+ line.