Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I want to make sure this is feasible with an Apple TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Total XBMC n00b here. I am not seeking handholding. Just seeking confirmation that my plan is feasible:

1) Convert old AppleTV to XBMC for tech-challenged friends
1a) WITHOUT deleting ton of existing iTunes video
2) Install bittorrent plugin/script/whatever (transmission addon?)
3) Administer remotely, and operate bittorrent remotely.

If I can do all those things, I'll read up and try to do it all myself. Smile It was really hard searching for remote administration because well, "remote controls" come up too much.
Wrong forum. This is about AppleTV 2nd Generation (the tiny black one). Sounds like you want to hit the OSX/AppleTV1 support forum. I've moved your post into the right forum already...
Yes to all. You can use VNC or SSH to for remote access. Be sure to get the Broadcom Crystal HD chip so it can play every format flawlessly (even in 1080). It replaces the wifi chip, but it's worth it.

When you mod the ATV1 all the original functions still exist on it and still operate just fine. XBMC has a few torrent control add-ons, and you can even run a torrent client from the ATV1 if you wanted.
Sweet. Well thanks for pointing me in certain directions. I have some reading to do!