Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Folders in 'Pictures' section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there any code i can use to display a custom image for folders in the picture section, instead of the default way it shows a few images from within a folder.

I was thinking of something like <visible>SubString(ListItem.Icon,DefaultFolderBack.png,Left)</visible> that i use to display a custom DefaultFolderBack.png image for certain views.

Just not sure whats needed here (ListItem.Icon,********,Left)</ instead of DefaultFolderBack.png?

Cheers Wink
If i'm not wrong you can name folder.jpg the picture you wanna show.
butchabay Wrote:If i'm not wrong you can name folder.jpg the picture you wanna show.

Hey butchabay,

Not quite following... could you expand on that?

Cheers! Wink
liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey butchabay,

Not quite following... could you expand on that?

Cheers! Wink

Sure,

Pictures
--- folder.jpg
--- folder.jpg
---IMG01.jpg
---IMG02.jpg
---IMG03.jpg

In that case you have folder.jpg showing for Pictures.

and under 2011 folder.jpg showing.

See Here:

Under Picture Thumbnails.

Cheers
Ah, i'm with you. That on a per user basis though. From that link, here's a description of the default behaviour...

"<MyHolidayPictures>\folder.jpg is checked first. If that file doesn't exist, XBMC will generate a thumbnail from up to 4 random images inside that folder."

I'm looking to stop this behaviour on a skinning level, so it will always display a custom image for folders instead of the 4 random images.

Is this poss?

Cheers
I don't think it's possible on skinning level, but may i ask why it should be in the skin code? would be nice to have it on the contex menu within xbmc, as "choose thumbnail".