Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DejaVu Wrote:I'm trying to add tipsy into Maraschino at the moment. Smile

I reckon that would be a nice addition. Could come in handy in quite a few occasions.

I gotta go to bed now tho so no more modifications today. If anyone is interested in checking out all my modifications, I'd love to get some feedback so I could start coding away tomorrow at more stuff!

Cheers

Normal:

Airtime and plot options show up on Hover.
gugahoi;941115
If you guys want to try it out it is in yet another Branch on my Repo called Sickbeard-module.
[img Wrote:
http://i42.tinypic.com/2u9idm8.png[/img]

A Link in your signature or similar would be nice,cause i cant find your repo.

found it over google .....
I've just added tipsy, but it is only active on SabNZBd module at the moment.
What do you think? I've also changed the Remove icon to a white one (not shown here ATM).

I tried implementing it side wide using base.html, but it seems to get ignored.
If I wanted to add a site wide Javascript, where would it go?

For now, I'll add it to all the available modules on my Github and send a pull request to the master.
This will need adding to every module made now and in the future though.

Depending on the tag that has a title in it you would need to specify it in the script.
I've placed this script at line one of SabNZBd at the moment... Anywhere else better?

Code:
<script src="/static/js/lib/jquery.tipsy.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">
       $(function() {
            $('input').tipsy({gravity: 's', fade: true});
            $('strong').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
            $('a').tipsy({gravity: 's', fade: true});
            $('img').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
            $('li').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
       });
</script>
The only problem I'm having at the moment is with recent tv. It's Titles for Play episodes are in an LI tag, but so are all the widgets.
You can specify a class, tag or ID as far as I know, but it's taking some reading to work out how it can work without interfering. Smile
mrkipling Wrote:Are you using an up-to-date version of Flask? 'Flask' object should indeed have attribute 'teardown_request'.

I installed the current package for lucid but this might outdated, as I stated I installed the dev version and it's working fine.
edited
thx for working on this nice stuff.
Movie Recommondation and Coming Episodes works nice together.

Now getting into the problem that theres not enough space on my screen

thanks for all the work.
DejaVu Wrote:I've just added tipsy, but it is only active on SabNZBd module at the moment.
What do you think? I've also changed the Remove icon to a white one (not shown here ATM).

I tried implementing it side wide using base.html, but it seems to get ignored.
If I wanted to add a site wide Javascript, where would it go?

For now, I'll add it to all the available modules on my Github and send a pull request to the master.
This will need adding to every module made now and in the future though.

Depending on the tag that has a title in it you would need to specify it in the script.
I've placed this script at line one of SabNZBd at the moment... Anywhere else better?

Code:
<script src="/static/js/lib/jquery.tipsy.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script type="text/javascript">
       $(function() {
            $('strong').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
            $('a').tipsy({gravity: 's', fade: true});
            $('img').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
            $('li').tipsy({fade: true, gravity: 's'});
       });
</script>
The only problem I'm having at the moment is with recent tv. It's Titles for Play episodes are in an LI tag, but so are all the widgets.
You can specify a class, tag or ID as far as I know, but it's taking some reading to work out how it can work without interfering. Smile

Ye, put it on base.html. It is where all the other scripts are loaded. If you think nothing is happening it is most likely a problem with the javascript code itself. What MrK asked was to not have any inline JS, so you'll have to use the live function ( I think that should be 'delegate' now, as 'live' is being deprecated in the future) to implement your JS tooltips. If you still need some help, let me know what you want to do and I'll give it a shot myself.

Remember to make sure your <script src='tipsy'> is written after jquery has been loaded ye?
Been trying to add it in, but getting seriously confused.

All it really needs to do is add the tipsy to anything that has a 'title=" " '.
Excluding some things using the ID instead of the name though. LI Tag for example is awkward.

On a different note,
I cloned your Sickbeard branch, got it all setup, but it's not giving me the option to add Sickbeard module.
DejaVu Wrote:Been trying to add it in, but getting seriously confused.

All it really needs to do is add the tipsy to anything that has a 'title=" " '.
Excluding some things using the ID instead of the name though. LI Tag for example is awkward.

On a different note,
I cloned your Sickbeard branch, got it all setup, but it's not giving me the option to add Sickbeard module.

Put your modifications on GIT so I can see what you are doing.

It's odd that you can't add the module. Are you sure you are accessing the right page? Not running two instances of Maraschino?
Deleted my edits, but wont take long to get them on Github.

This is what I did and where I'm at (Large image) -
DejaVu Wrote:Deleted my edits, but wont take long to get them on Github.

This is what I did and where I'm at (Large image) -

The pulling seems to be fine but you never ran
Code:
python maraschino.py

or

Code:
python maraschino-cherrypy.py

So how are you running it? I'm sorry if I missed something but I always run with the first one. Have no idea how to run another way...

(actually I just ran with cherrypy and it worked with no problems)
That's probably why thinking about it. I deleted it, recloned - but never rebooted. Smile
The original maraschino.py was still loaded into memory. Rookie mistake! HaHa.

Just zipped though and updated the SabNZBd with Tipsy. Newest commit here -
https://github.com/DejaVu/maraschino/com...f919afcebe
Some CSS edits to accommodate were needed.

The only line I really understand is this one, these would need adding/editting depending on the Module itself and what parts have mouseover titles. A good one to try to sort out is the Recent Episodes. But need to try and make it global (and neat as per mrkiplings request).
Code:
input - Tag name (or attribute/ID)
gravity: 's' - Pointer points south and title is above the cursor
fade: true - well, you guessed it! :p

Documentation is here.
Allsorts of ID's, Classes, etc can be supported so as to not target things you do not want to. IE - LI Tag with a Class or ID. See under 'Slightly Advanced Usage'.

I think something is conflicting when I put the code into less.js as it seems to ignore it.

I just made you a collaborator on my Repo too.
Just cloned thezoggy's api branch and although the API settings are there, it wont let me generate one. ACCESS DENIED in the Log. Sad
DejaVu Wrote:Just cloned thezoggy's api branch and although the API settings are there, it wont let me generate one. ACCESS DENIED in the Log. Sad

That's weird. Mine worked no problems.

@MrK

Just wanted to ask a couple of things. First of all, is there anything else you want me to change for you to accept my first pull request? I already have 2 other branches that will be ready to be pulled soon too...

I also wanted to ask why did you choose to use the .live function? From what I have read, it is not the best way to go about it as the .delegate function is much more efficient and the .on function, jquery 1.7 onwards, is apparently the way to go. Besides, .live seems to be on it's way out.

Having said that, for some reason I cannot seem to get delegate to work. No matter what I type in, it does nothing...?

UPDATE:

Just wanted to know what you think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baG8v19-3ZQ
Nice work gugahoi.

Can I make one small request though, can the coming episodes have a choice to limit the amount shown? My list is MONSTROUS! Smile