Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May I recommend using github.com/maraschino repo for now as it's the most uptodate with all the 'mods' in one place - til MrK returns to repair everything.

Seems a couple of you may have cloned from the Dev's repo, which is fine, but your missing the bigger picture. Wink

Also gugahoi, just an observation, but do you think it would be better to have the Menu of the Sickbeard Module either the same Sab's, or just change the 3 into fixed buttons like the Menu one instead?

Plot gone for me. Intentional?
Umm, has anyone tried this via Apache. There seem to be some issues I'm experiencing:

* XBMC settings aren't working (not sure if this if from a new nightly)

EDIT: SAB widget is to do with my user/pass for Apache.

A move of directories seems to have fixed it :S Weird. Good old force refresh...

EDIT2 NVM: it seems replacing settings and refreshing everything has taken care of it.
nice zoggy, now i can test out the module. didnt feel like screwing with my setup and changing repos b4 Tongue

EDIT: not maraschino related but the generate button on sickbeard didnt work in firefox 8.0 so i switched to internet explorer and generated the key
N3MIS15 Wrote:nice zoggy, now i can test out the module. didnt feel like screwing with my setup and changing repos b4 Tongue

EDIT: not maraschino related but the generate button on sickbeard didnt work in firefox 8.0 so i switched to internet explorer and generated the key

Damn FF8.0 already?! Did it in chrome and it works fine. Regarding the SB Module, it will only work with the IP address of the machine. Hostnames do not work just like for XBMC. That is weird, maybe python cannot handle them well....

THANKS ZOGGY!
DejaVu Wrote:Plot gone for me. Intentional?

Still works form me. The way it works now is simpler the the one before. Mind double checking? Maybe clear your cache.
N3MIS15 Wrote:nice zoggy, now i can test out the module. didnt feel like screwing with my setup and changing repos b4 Tongue

clear browser cache. you had stale js. it works fine here.
yep, its working, just restarted firefox and all was good..
Slightly off topic, but look like an Interesting new repo.
https://github.com/lad1337/SickBeardConnect
DejaVu Wrote:May I recommend using github.com/maraschino repo for now as it's the most uptodate with all the 'mods' in one place - til MrK returns to repair everything.

Sweet. Smile Upgraded using this repo and everything seems to work fine.

I do have one question / suggestion though. Is it possible to show filename at the bottom of the screen, when playing something that is not scraped in the library?

For example I use XBMC to play my DVB-T recordings (aka. daily TV shows and such) and those are not in XBMC's library but played via "files" instead. Maraschino now shows "Playing", progress bar and time, but not the filename.

"If episodename/moviename is empty, show filename instead."

This is really minor issue and request, so don't take this too seriously. Laugh
DejaVu Wrote:Slightly off topic, but look like an Interesting new repo.
https://github.com/lad1337/SickBeardConnect

thats the source for lad's chrome extension. which btw is now live in the store. read the sb forum topic for more info.

also windows binaries build 491 got pushed out to fix the googlecode issue... shouldnt happen in the future now... also now it includes the API.. people will have to update manually to 491.. but hopefully this will be the last manual update they will have to do.

clear browser cache.. lots of js changes from 489->491
I have been manually setting the resolution of the tab Maraschino occupies in my browser (CTRL + Mousewheel) so all my modules appear on screen the way i want them. Is there any way to have this done by the Maraschino settings at all? Would just save me manually doing it everytime i restart the browser.

Thanks
Not something Maraschino is capable I'm afraid and would be a bit difficult seeing as lots of different Screen resolutions exist.

I think sticking with something readable is the way forward.
Imagine if you had 2 different screens -
1024x768 and the other 1920x1080.

They will both look very different and text, if made any smaller, will be unreadable on the higher resolution.
DejaVu Wrote:Not something Maraschino is capable I'm afraid and would be a bit difficult seeing as lots of different Screen resolutions exist.

I think sticking with something readable is the way forward.
Imagine if you had 2 different screens -
1024x768 and the other 1920x1080.

They will both look very different and text, if made any smaller, will be unreadable on the higher resolution.
Fair comment, no worries!
Quick Question regarding backgrounds.

Using and default backgrounds or custom ones you add are they meant to rotate?

EDIT: I only ever see the Cherry image and looking through the files I see that's hard coded in. How exactly does it work?

Thanks

EDIT: So it seems to be working now. Weird