Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just tested the experimental branch on another Mac and it worked without any easy_install!

However I also found out an easier way (less commands) to install all the dependencies
  • Install setuptools for your OS
Code:
*Buntu systems: sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
OS X: Download from http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools for the python
         version on your system. OS X 10.6 has python 2.6.
         Open terminal and run:[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
cd ~/Donwloads
sh setuptools-YOUR_VERSION.egg
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
  • Install pip
Code:
easy_install pip
  • Install Flask-SQLAlchemy and dependencies
Code:
pip install Flask-SQLAlchemy

That's it. Hopefully people don't even have to do that but if they do, seems like only 3 commands will get you there.
Mar2zz Wrote:I have made a debian installerfile for maraschino. FIXED *But how can I clone the experimental branch directly?

Now it gives me this:
Code:
mars@laptop:~/Dropbox/Public/LaSi_repo$ sudo dpkg -i maraschino.deb
Selecteren van voorheen niet geselecteerd pakket maraschino.
(Database inlezen ... 221453 files and directories currently installed.)
Uitpakken van maraschino (uit maraschino.deb) ...
Instellen van maraschino (2011.12.26) ...
Cloning into /opt/maraschino...
remote: Counting objects: 4101, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1976/1976), done.
remote: Total 4101 (delta 2132), reused 3991 (delta 2025)
Receiving objects: 100% (4101/4101), 20.92 MiB | 498 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (2132/2132), done.
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/maraschino ...
* Maraschino: daemon not enabled, aborting. See /etc/default/maraschino
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
mars@laptop:~/Dropbox/Public/LaSi_repo$ sudo nano /etc/default/maraschino
mars@laptop:~/Dropbox/Public/LaSi_repo$ sudo service maraschino start
* Starting Maraschino                                                                                                                        Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "maraschino.py", line 1, in <module>
    from flask import Flask, jsonify, render_template, request
ImportError: No module named flask

Which is because it's mr Kipling's default repo without integrated dependencys.

Another question: I have a very hard time daemonizing maraschino. Both the maraschino-cherrypy.py and maraschino.py won't daemonize? Anyone?

I don't understand. Is it working now?
My debfile now switches to the experimental branch. Also the daemon problem is solved.

maraschino-cherrypy.py can be thrown away if the code from that is put inside maraschino.py and then start it with -q or --quiet or someting, like python maraschino.py -q

In maraschino.py this:
Code:
if sys.argv[1] == '-q':
    [maraschino-cherrypy.py imports and server code]
else:
    [maraschino.py server code]

My debfile is working now. Settings are inside /etc/default/maraschino. There a port and others can be set, else it defaults all to $HOME/.maraschino (so if you do not change settings configfiles (settings.py and maraschino.db) will be created there. There is no need to edit settings.py as the startupscript takes care of editing that (with the settings set in /etc/default/maraschino). It uses the experimental branch.

Install instructions (see my input):
Code:
mars@laptop:~$ wget -q http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/LaSi_repo/maraschino.deb
mars@laptop:~$ sudo dpkg -i maraschino.deb
Selecteren van voorheen niet geselecteerd pakket maraschino.
(Database inlezen ... 220936 files and directories currently installed.)
Uitpakken van maraschino (uit maraschino.deb) ...
Instellen van maraschino (2011.12.27) ...
Cloning into /opt/maraschino...
remote: Counting objects: 4101, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (1981/1981), done.
remote: Total 4101 (delta 2132), reused 3986 (delta 2020)
Receiving objects: 100% (4101/4101), 20.92 MiB | 488 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (2132/2132), done.
Switched to a new branch 'experimental'
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/maraschino ...
* Maraschino: daemon not enabled, aborting. See /etc/default/maraschino
Processing triggers for ureadahead ...
mars@laptop:~$ sudo nano /etc/default/maraschino
mars@laptop:~$ sudo service maraschino start
Database successfully initialised.
* Starting Maraschino                                                   [ OK ]
mars@laptop:~$
Some awesome stuff coming in over the past few days, you guys have clearly been very busy!

I'm still in holiday mode at the moment but have a few spare days coming up before heading back to work in the new year, during which I'll go over this stuff, decide what to merge in or not, and generally spend some time working on Maraschino.
_Mikie_ Wrote:Also Can we add the ability to pause a show from the module?

In the works.
_Mikie_ Wrote:Could it be possible that in the coming soon list like the default front page if you click the title of a show it takes you to sickbeard. Could that be a new tab so maraschino stays open
DONE
_Mikie_ Wrote:Also if you click on the image could it take you to the show info in the module because there's no quick way to jump to a show if its airing tomorrow for example.
DONE
gugahoi Wrote:In the works.

DONE

DONE

Awesome.
@gugahoi

Thanks! Please just double check the module it isn't loading images for me. Might just be me but it was working before I upgraded..

@general

Couple cosmetic things.

Could the xbmc modules be looked at and the size of the boxes for each release but constant no matter if some info is missing or not. Think it'd look better that way instead of having smaller and bigger boxes depending on whether some info is missing or not..

The SABnzbd+ module seems to be overflowing when the download name is really long..

For uniformity sake in the media library module the buttons should be above like in the sickbeard module..

Thanks again!
Guys, this really does look great and I'd love to give it a try however I'm having some installation issues that I was hoping someone may be able to assist with. I have spent the last few hours googling without success as I hate asking noob questions. I am slowly learning Linux but this is way above me I'm afraid.

I am running XBMCLive Dharma on Ubuntu 10.4.2 on an Asrock Ion 330HT machine. I am following the instructions on the Maraschino site for the CherryPY install.

Step 1 - Install Python.
Python appears to be installed already. I have checked the version and it is 2.6.5.

Step 2 - Install pyton-setuptools.
This is where it's all falling apart I'm afraid (so early on, I know!). I am using the command sudo apt-get install python-setuptools which I believe is correct. The message that is being returned however is,

'Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package python-setuptools is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package python-setuptools has no installation candidate'

And that is where I am now stuck. If anyone could possibly offer any advice or solutions then it would be very much appreciated! It's not helping that I have a massive post-boxing day hangover.

Thanks in advance.

John
_Mikie_ Wrote:@gugahoi

Thanks! Please just double check the module it isn't loading images for me. Might just be me but it was working before I upgraded..

If I may chime in on behalf of gugahoi (as I was reading this thread just as you posted):

Try logging in to Sickbeard and then reloading Maraschino, I've experienced this problem before and that fixes it.

If you have AUTH defined in your settings.py file (i.e. you're using basic username/password authentication to sort-of secure Maraschino) then it adds your Sickbeard username and password to the URLs of the images, so you might want to try doing this if you haven't already.

If none of this works then I'm out of ideas, so over to gugahoi Smile
Sorted! Ran sudo apt-get update first and it worked after that! Now have a problem where the server settings are not saved, but can look into that myself. Must be a permissions thing. This post was very useful, not sure how I did not come across it sooner. http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=929...tcount=149
Guess what's part of my LaSi script now:
Code:
*###############################################################*
*###################### MARASCHINO #############################*
#                                                               #
# Maraschino is a webpage that overviews a XBMC-mediacenter     #
# and serverapplications like Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and others.    #
# Some of it's features are:                                    #
#   - Customizable applications module with:                    #
#   - recently added media                                      #
#   - Currently playing bar                                     #
#   - Sabnzbd module                                            #
#   - SickBeard coming episodes                                 #
#   - Trakt.tv recommendations                                  #
#   - Diskspace info                                            #
# Maraschino is written by Mr. Kipling and others               #
# Visit http://www.maraschinoproject.com/                       #

Options:
1. Install Maraschino
2. Set cronjob for Maraschino

B. Back to menu
Q. Quit

(I need some pullrequest to get trough to maraschino make it more reliable, but that's something I am going to work on in the next few days). It uses experimental branch.
Mar2zz Wrote:Guess what's part of my LaSi script now.
I didn't think it would be too long.

Excellent news Mar2zz! Nice one.
I have a question about github. I made this commit in experimental: https://github.com/Mar2zz/maraschino/com...b84bbeb5a7

So Maraschino will use commandline arguments to start the server with. (which is needed for startupscripts and daemons.

But when I create a pullrequest for it pulls it to master and all my other changes for my repo are in it? I want it to be a pull request independent of my other pullrequests (I thought that was what gugahoi made the experimental branch for?)

Anyone knows how?
Mar2zz Wrote:I have a question about github. I made this commit in experimental: https://github.com/Mar2zz/maraschino/com...b84bbeb5a7

So Maraschino will use commandline arguments to start the server with. (which is needed for startupscripts and daemons.

But when I create a pullrequest for it pulls it to master and all my other changes for my repo are in it? I want it to be a pull request independent of my other pullrequests (I thought that was what gugahoi made the experimental branch for?)

Anyone knows how?

You need to make branches too. So your master branch must be the same as the maraschino master branch. Then create a test branch for you to do everyday testing and for this example you should create a branch called command line or something and only make command line commits in this branch. Then you pull request that branch (command line one) to the maraschino master/experimental and it will only pull your command line commits. Then if you make a another addition for something different you make another branch. If the maraschino master/experimental gets changes from someone else you can then pull those changes into all your branches and fix any clashes and carry on. That way you maintain everything separately and its easier to have pulls accepted. It also means that if changes are made to the master before you pull is accepted its easy for you to make sure your pull request code still works for each individual thing you working with. Hope that's clearer and I'm explaining it correctly.
I understand. But how do I revert my pushes?
I want to revert my transmission commit (someone else made a working version :p )
I want to revert my commandline commit and push it to a selfmade branch.