Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
N3MIS15 Wrote:thanks. but i was hoping for a way to close it remotely when it has been started localy.. maybe i should have explained that..

If Mar2zz can get pid files working he would be my god right now Big Grin

i am trying to make a script to upgrade my maraschino install by first closing it then using wget to get the files from master and move them to overwrite current install (unraid server would have to install git every boot to git pull)

i have the wget stuff sorted, i just need a way to kill maraschino.

Then it depends on how you installed it.
You can try:

Code:
sudo service maraschino stop
didnt work.

Basicly when my server starts it runs maraschino with command:
Code:
python /mnt/cache/.maraschino/Maraschino.py

At the moment to update, i comment out that line from my start script, reboot then update and finaly restart maraschino.

I am looking for a better way to achieve this on unraid environment.
If we had the abilty to create pidfiles this would make things alot easier..
N3MIS15 Wrote:didnt work.

Basicly when my server starts it runs maraschino with command:
Code:
python /mnt/cache/.maraschino/Maraschino.py

At the moment to update, i comment out that line from my start script, reboot then update and finaly restart maraschino.

I am looking for a better way to achieve this on unraid environment.
If we had the abilty to create pidfiles this would make things alot easier..

Oh I have no idea how unRaid works. There is no way to gracefully shut it down tho. Why do you need to do that?
to update maraschino from git.

(This is also the reason i am hoping an update function inside maraschino comes soon) Smile

EDIT: The unraid Web UI gives me a PID no. with this info would it be possible to kill it?

Code:
root      4389     1  0 20:40 ?        00:00:07 python /mnt/cache/.maraschino/Maraschino.py

4389=pid
N3MIS15 Wrote:to update maraschino from git.

(This is also the reason i am hoping an update function inside maraschino comes soon) Smile

EDIT: The unraid Web UI gives me a PID no. with this info would it be possible to kill it?

Code:
root      4389     1  0 20:40 ?        00:00:07 python /mnt/cache/.maraschino/Maraschino.py

4389=pid

If you are just running from the Flask development server you can try and do git pull as it automatically detects changes and restarts the server. I'm not 100% sure this will work but you can give it a shot. If you have the PID a "kill" command should work I believe (otherwise try "killall") but someone else's input would be nice as I'm no linux expert.
kill 4389 worked. thanks for the help, i was hoping to make a script but i will settle for a manual solution
Hi,

Now that you've changed the dependencies around, whats the easiest way to install this on UnRaid?

Might even be tempted to investigate their .plg format once I've got it installed...
N3MIS15 Wrote:kill 4389 worked. thanks for the help, i was hoping to make a script but i will settle for a manual solution

Remember that the PID will be different each time you run it. You can find the PID fairly easily from the CLI "ps -ef | grep marashino" find the PID and kill PID#
Hi all!
I tryied to install Maraschino on W7 following this steps (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=956...tcount=632) but i have a lot of problems.

When i type python setup.py my cmd says that Python is not a recognized program so i use C:\Python27\python.exe setup.py but i have this error:

c:\Python27\python.exe: can't open file 'c:\HTPC-Apps\Maraschino\setup.py': [Err no 2] No such file or directory

I checked my Maraschino directory and setup.py are not present.

How can i fix?
for your unraid install do you have to install the other parts like last time? or just clone the git and startup?
I have it running quite happily on unRAID now. Just pulled from git, configured settings and ran Maraschino.py. However, adding this to startup seemed to cause a hang, no idea why. So i just login with putty at boot, start a screen and launch Maraschino manually. Would love to see someone make a package for unMENU, might have a look after uni exams.
ok cool, going to try it tonight
For when XBMC locks I use:
Code:
kill -9 `ps -e | grep xbmc | sed 's/^ *//g'  | cut -d " " -f1`
Just adjust for Maraschino.
m0uthless Wrote:Hi all!
I tryied to install Maraschino on W7 following this steps (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=956...tcount=632) but i have a lot of problems.

When i type python setup.py my cmd says that Python is not a recognized program so i use C:\Python27\python.exe setup.py but i have this error:

c:\Python27\python.exe: can't open file 'c:\HTPC-Apps\Maraschino\setup.py': [Err no 2] No such file or directory

I checked my Maraschino directory and setup.py are not present.

How can i fix?

Ignore that part mate, just copy the settings example, notepad it , enter your settings, save and then just run maraschino.
Mizaki Wrote:For when XBMC locks I use:
Code:
kill -9 `ps -e | grep xbmc | sed 's/^ *//g'  | cut -d " " -f1`
Just adjust for Maraschino.

Code:
pgrep -f 'maraschino.py' | xargs kill -9