Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Maraschino (formerly HTPC Frontend) - a summary web interface for your XBMC HTPC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
shadowfighter Wrote:Question, will there be a CouchPotato API connectivity? Like you have for SickBeard?
Backgrounds / Thumbnails do NOT work with Chrome, I moved to FireFox and immediately I got a prompt for username / password for XBMC and now I see the backgrounds and thumpnails
WIP. It's there, but the CP API is still early days and waiting to be finalised before anything materialises.
I get no problems with Chrome, but my XBMC is not passworded.

N3MIS15 Wrote:hagur, here is a hello world example of a bare bones module.

https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/co...7fcd5fe467

might be helpful for anyone else who wants to give it a shot too.

HaHa. I made one last night, it's probably just the same.
I would recommend using N3MIS15 as he's more advanced than I am.

This is a static basic attempt that displays a ticking clock. When you first initialise it, you need to refresh due to the way Javascript displays it.

https://github.com/DejaVu/maraschino/com...5feaf674d0

Click Settings for some reason, makes it vanish. Any ideas why? I'm guessing because there is no if statement and no settings defined in modules.py?
I hate to be a pain and it might not necessarily belong here but;
Has anyone managed to set this up to be accessed remotely using authentication. Not the built in authentication from Maraschino because IMHO it is not that secure, plain text password stored in a file... Also it does not cover authentication to reverse proxied sites, i.e.: my site guysmiley.dyndns.org will go to Maraschino and prompt for a user/pass and once entered I can browse my SABnzbD, CP, SB etc by going to their sites; guysmiley.dyndns.org/tvshows etc, using basic authentication in Apache2.

I guess my question is, can anyone see any improvements in my httpd.conf or Maraschino (Apache conf).Alternatively does anyone know where I might get some help on these subjects. Not sure my reverse proxy/authentication combo is correct as it plays havoc with the Sickbeard module.
Chuffed with myself today. My very first Module!!

As some of you may or may not know, I've been working on the RSS Feed Module for some time now - but nothing really materialized for one reason or another (main one was cross-domain without PHP Proxy) and it's probably a bit to involved for a n00b like me to try and do.

Anywho, I partly gave up on the settings side of things as it was giving me far too much grief - so I decided to keep it simple.

Let me know what you think, I will be putting in a Pull Request in this week for this once I've got it exactly as I want it...

I've called it Latest Available for now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWzmb1UJsyI

Once I upload it, if any of the Dev's can lend a hand showing me how to integrate some settings for this, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers.
Nicely done DejaVu Smile

I've created two modules myself. One is a simple iframe container, not sure if/how I can use it, just thought it was simple enough to be a "debut module".

The other one is much more practical, a module that communicates with uTorrent via the Web API.

Screenshot:

As of now, it just displays the name, progress and size of all active torrents. The plan is to be able to start/stop/cancel torrents and also add new ones. I'm also going to let it show the total bandwidth in use at the moment, both UL and DL.

One caveat though, currently it does not support the token authentication of the Web API which is enforced by default. It needs to be turned off for this to work. I'm planning on implementing support for it later.

Once it's ready, perhaps MrKipling wants me to submit it .... we'll see.
nice work hagur
hey hagur where can i find the uTorrent module
RaNaMaster Wrote:hey hagur where can i find the uTorrent module

Just on my machine Wink It's a work in progress right now and it has not been published anywhere yet.
+1 for this app.

I could use a mythtv module though, mainly to check tuner activity and recent recordings / future.
What a great little addition to my XBMC setup. Super easy install and very aesthetically pleasing.

I don't know if anyone has asked this in the last 100 pages, but has any thought been given to mobile optimization? Honestly the only time I'm in a full desktop browser these days is when I'm at work chained to the desk. Otherwise I'm on my phone or tablet. Maraschino KINDA works in Android browsers, but not 100%.

I'm sure it's not a priority or anything but kind of a "nice to have." Anyway, keep up the great work.
I can browse my Movies, Series and Music library but i can't browse in file mode.

Is this possible?
schumi2004 Wrote:I can browse my Movies, Series and Music library but i can't browse in file mode.

Is this possible?

I started working on this but hit a road block.
With the approach i took i need to be able to pass an address (smb://myserver/share1 for example) over xhr to get info from the template back to python. If anyone could shed some light on a way to do this that would be great.
N3MIS15 Wrote:I started working on this but hit a road block.
With the approach i took i need to be able to pass an address (smb://myserver/share1 for example) over xhr to get info from the template back to python. If anyone could shed some light on a way to do this that would be great.

Use a POST request to send this kind of info. I believe it should work fine that way. Otherwise, you can make it URL compliant with soemthing like URLencode. Can't remember the function name in python...
I have put together a weather module using googles 'secret' api.
If anyone wants to try it out you can get it here: https://github.com/N3MIS15/maraschino/tree/weather

gugahoi Wrote:Use a POST request to send this kind of info. I believe it should work fine that way. Otherwise, you can make it URL compliant with soemthing like URLencode. Can't remember the function name in python...

Thanks gugahoi, i will look into it when i get a chance.
I hioe you make a pull request when its done. Looking very nice! Smile

hagur Wrote:Nicely done DejaVu Smile

I've created two modules myself. One is a simple iframe container, not sure if/how I can use it, just thought it was simple enough to be a "debut module".

The other one is much more practical, a module that communicates with uTorrent via the Web API.

Screenshot:

As of now, it just displays the name, progress and size of all active torrents. The plan is to be able to start/stop/cancel torrents and also add new ones. I'm also going to let it show the total bandwidth in use at the moment, both UL and DL.

One caveat though, currently it does not support the token authentication of the Web API which is enforced by default. It needs to be turned off for this to work. I'm planning on implementing support for it later.

Once it's ready, perhaps MrKipling wants me to submit it .... we'll see.