Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL sync is duplicating databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've changed my XBMC in ATV2 and Win7 to use a centralized MySQL server (on OSX Lion).

The problem is that the ATV2 is actually using the right database (xbmc_video/xbmc_music) but the Win7 version is actually creating a new database for both video and music, in my case xbmc_video57 and xbmc_music16

Am I missing something?
joelfernandes Wrote:Hi,

I've changed my XBMC in ATV2 and Win7 to use a centralized MySQL server (on OSX Lion).

The problem is that the ATV2 is actually using the right database (xbmc_video/xbmc_music) but the Win7 version is actually creating a new database for both video and music, in my case xbmc_video57 and xbmc_music16

Am I missing something?

Was small problem in some latest builds. Should be solved using latest build for both platforms i think.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112999
No, you're not missing anything.

The newer nightlies take the contents of the databases you have named in your advanced settings and copy across their contents to two new databases. MyVideos56 and MyMusic17 I believe. You no longer need xbmc_video and xbmc_music or whatever you've named them. This is all part of the database abstraction layer that's coming in. Although someone can correct me on that, if I'm wrong....

Anyway, what I did was to re-edit advancedsettings on all my clients to remove the database name altogether. Then xbmc looks for the default database name (ie the ones that it just created). If it cannot find the above named databases on the mysql server, then it falls back to the local sqlite databases on each client.

Jimmer
Indeed true however they forgot that people with multiple profiles normally have different databases. With latest builds every profile used the same DB no matter what.So there was some change to this but cannot recall what.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Indeed true however they forgot that people with multiple profiles normally have different databases. With latest builds every profile used the same DB no matter what.So there was some change to this but cannot recall what.

that was incorporated. it will use whatever is within the name tag, and add the database version after it. so if you have <name>foo</name>, the database name will be foo57

this preserves different profiles as well as handles the database abstraction