Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback buffering, how to tell what is wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an HTPC machine that was having a real issue with buffering my movies over my network. It was a machine that was wifi (connected through a repeater) upstairs so my first assumption was that it was the wifi connection. Well I have replaced that machine with a new i3 machine and now most of the buffering is gone except for minor buffers here and there. Im trying to figure out why this new machine has less of a problem buffering then the older machine. Im not sure what the old one exactly was but it was a dual core amd 64 with 8800 gts video. The new i3 has a 430 gtx in it.
fluentdesigns Wrote:I had an HTPC machine that was having a real issue with buffering my movies over my network. It was a machine that was wifi (connected through a repeater) upstairs so my first assumption was that it was the wifi connection. Well I have replaced that machine with a new i3 machine and now most of the buffering is gone except for minor buffers here and there. Im trying to figure out why this new machine has less of a problem buffering then the older machine. Im not sure what the old one exactly was but it was a dual core amd 64 with 8800 gts video. The new i3 has a 430 gtx in it.
did you try to playback both machines from local or external drive to rule out network issue? if it playback fine on local or external drive, you can troubleshoot network afterward.
no before I had a chance to do that I lost the system.
fluentdesigns Wrote:no before I had a chance to do that I lost the system.
well, you still can try to playback file from local drive on the i3 machine. if it can playback fluently from local drive, you can move on to network.