Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What's the latest on DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After some searching I've found anything to be outdated or too confusing. Are DTS-MA / Dolby True HD supported yet?
jz1276 Wrote:After some searching I've found anything to be outdated or too confusing. Are DTS-MA / Dolby True HD supported yet?

I'm guessing you mean bitstreaming of DTS-MA and TrueHD. At the moment, it's only possible with either an external player or the old dsplayer development branch...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106629

It's not being developed anymore, however 0wing is keeping it in sync with the master via regular merges.

For the future, there's the audioengine development branch...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=78289

This won't make Eden, however will officially be in the nightly builds sometime after Eden is released. In the meantime, there might be development versions floating about that you can use. Keep an eye on the thread for download links.

Cheers Wink
jz1276 Wrote:After some searching I've found anything to be outdated or too confusing. Are DTS-MA / Dolby True HD supported yet?
i use this method since july, and i'm very happy with xbmc since- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .

it allow me to playback bd (iso/m2ts/mkv) files and bd directly on bd-rom in full 108p with dts-hd and truehd.
bluray Wrote:i use this method since july, and i'm very happy with xbmc since- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .

it allow me to playback bd (iso/m2ts/mkv) files and bd directly on bd-rom in full 108p with dts-hd and truehd.

That wont work for me. I'm using Linux (XBMC Live)
jz1276 Wrote:That wont work for me. I'm using Linux (XBMC Live)
sorry, the easiest way to bitstream dts-hd and truehd is w7.

anyway, good luck with linux!
bluray Wrote:sorry, the easiest way to bitstream dts-hd and truehd is w7.

anyway, good luck with linux!

I wouldn't say that, I'm quite happily running the AudioEngine branch compiled under a minimal ubuntu machine.

Works an absolute treat with MKV, M2TS and BD iso!
jz1276 Wrote:That wont work for me. I'm using Linux (XBMC Live)

Then the audioengine branch is the way to go for you! However for the time being you will have to compile your own build though.

Gryph Wrote:I wouldn't say that, I'm quite happily running the AudioEngine branch compiled under a minimal ubuntu machine.

gnif is developing on linux so compiling the linux build is usually more problem free than the Windows builds! When audioengine is finished, it's going to be great for XBMC! Wink

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:gnif is developing on linux so compiling the linux build is usually more problem free than the Windows builds!
Cheers
i haven't see anything problem free yet when dealing with dts-hd and truehd, but i'm enjoying pre-eden with windows 7 since july. it can natively playback bd iso/m2ts/mkv and bd directly on bd-rom at 1080p video with dts-hd and truehd.

i do wish op the best luck w/ his quest!
liquidskin76 Wrote:gnif is developing on linux so compiling the linux build is usually more problem free than the Windows builds!

bluray Wrote:i haven't see anything problem free yet when dealing with dts-hd and truehd, but i'm enjoying pre-eden with windows 7 since july.

Check my comments again... i was refering to compiling, not playback performance!

Compiling on linux is more problem free as gnif is developing on linux. Hence why there hasn't been a Windows build since July.
liquidskin76 Wrote:Check my comments again... i was refering to compiling, not playback performance!

Compiling on linux is more problem free as gnif is developing on linux. Hence why there hasn't been a Windows build since July.
i saw that, but i cannot imagine that there is anything less problem than windows when dealing dts-hd and truehd. if it is less problem when compiling with linux, have the linux version release?

i wish the developer the best though, and i hope that they can release both linux and windows versions with dts-hd/truehd soon!
bluray Wrote:i saw that, but i cannot imagine that there is anything less problem than windows when dealing dts-hd and truehd. if it is less problem when compiling with linux, have the linux version release?

i wish the developer the best though, and i hope that they can release both linux and windows versions with dts-hd/truehd soon!

Except the Windows build has lots of audio drop outs on DTS-HD, so it's fairly high in the problem department.

It's better to listen to non-HD audio than HD audio with drop-outs.
Gryph Wrote:I wouldn't say that, I'm quite happily running the AudioEngine branch compiled under a minimal ubuntu machine.

Hey - you indicated you were using XBMC with HD audio bit streaming on Ubuntu? Can you shoot me a link to how to get that built?

I finally got a Windows 7 version built to support bit streaming, but DTS-HD has audio dropouts, which makes it useless. I also lose the ability to deinterlace SD content, which is a problem.

Any pointers or advice would be great - thanks in advance!
AbMagFab Wrote:Except the Windows build has lots of audio drop outs on DTS-HD, so it's fairly high in the problem department.

It's better to listen to non-HD audio than HD audio with drop-outs.
with proper settings, it should be fine.

i watched bd movies in the list below with w7 htpc, and i don't have audio dropout.

side note- i used to messing around almost 10 media players, and most media players had problem with hd audio dropouts. i hate hd audio dropout problem.

Your Favorite Bluray Disc