Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AppleDouble files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having trouble with my library after setting up AFP shares to be able to edit metadata using ViMediaManager on OS X with my library located on my Ubuntu Box. The problem is that when browsing the shared folders using OS X, .AppleDouble folders are created which stops the scrapers from scraping without stopping (No results for .AppleDouble folders).

I've been trying to solve this using a script which cleans my folders from these files when doing an automated library update (I do this when a torrent has been completed). This is still a problem when restarting XBMC since it scans the folders without running the cleaning script first.

So I found a solution and thought I might share it for the next person having the same problem.

The solution I just found is to make the scrapers ignore the .AppleDouble files. To do this solution you must add a couple of lines to advancedsettings.xml (or create it if it doesn't exist.

advancedsettings.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<advancedsettings>
  <audio>
    <excludefromscan>
      <regexp>\.AppleDouble</regexp>
    </excludefromscan>
  </audio>
  <video>
    <excludefromscan>
      <regexp>\.AppleDouble</regexp>
    </excludefromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
Thanks for this
Hello,

same problem in Xbmcbuntu Eden.
The system started to create loads of ghost double files from .AppleDouble folders.
I already had an advancedsettings.xml in my userdata with a string to disable iPv6

I copied your lines but the system seems to keep on scanning everything in .Appledouble folders.
In the log it seems not affected at all by advancedsettings.xml

Can you help me?
Also, could you help me with the a wider exclusion, for example every folder that start with "."
I dunno know the syntax of this file.

my best
Mi mistake.
I didn't add also the <excludetvshowsfromscan>

Still does it work with something like this wildcard? <regexp>\.*</regexp>
You can also prevent Mac OS X from creating these files: Mac_FAQ#Appledouble (wiki).
Hi guys,

I am really frustrated !!! First: I'm using a QNAP NAS and XBMC Frodo 12 is running on my Mac mini. I just bought the NAS and completely started XBMC from scratch... Now if I'm scanning my library for new content it always scans .AppleDouble files too. I tried everything written here or somewhere else... I'm pretty sure since using TinkerTool Apple doesn't create new files, but even if I make hidden files visible the .AppleDouble files can't be found. I deleted every .DS_Story file from my NAS but still XBMC is scanning .AppleDouble files... I changed my advanced settings.xml like Broiler did in this thread but still no changes ... I don't know what to do anymore nothing seems to have any effect on XBMC and the most annoying thing is that it is not even trying to scan it.... my Scraper actually pics a Short Movie called Applied for EVERY .AppleDouble... I then have to manually remove them from the library but I can't delete them cause when the question comes I can only delete the Movie where it is linked to and I obviously don't want that...

I'm using BlueHarvest as well now which should clean up all of it but it has no effect on my existing AppleDouble files as well... It think they are written inside the MKV File. Still it is f***ing annoying!!!!

Any suggestions? Please help me!!!

THX in advance