Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi dudes, just want to ask if there is a possibility to manage a playlist on skinning level. I have a playlist playing on home in a videowindow, but everytime the first video finish, the next video goes fullscreen. Is there a way to get rid of this sequence? I want to let play my hole playlist in the window.
Thanx in advance.
Just noticed this happens only with m3u playlists and not with xsp playlists.
hmm we should change to fullscreen only if we start first track (video) of playlist ... and "run in window" wasn't specified. Will look into it.
pieh Wrote:hmm we should change to fullscreen only if we start first track (video) of playlist ... and "run in window" wasn't specified. Will look into it.

Hi Pieh, that would really be fantastic !!! Laugh

Just a reminder:

As mentioned, the first video of the videoplaylist (m3u) plays correctly windowed with comand:

PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[Skin.String(Startup_DreamVideo_Path)],1)</onfocus

But the second video in queue goes fullscreen.

Not happening with smartplaylists (xsp) ...
Ok, how do You run Your playlist? Is it Video or Music playlist?

---
edit, ok You answered before I asked Wink
pieh Wrote:Ok, how do You run Your playlist? Is it Video or Music playlist?

It's a video Playlist, created by queue video files, open nowplaying window and save it as playlist.

It runs on startup if option "playlist at startup" is enabled in skin settings.

Cheers
Any news Pieh ?
I can imagine this could be a low priority request, but just to let you know what i'm trying to bring up hereSmile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg10RdEa54

Thanx
Just a thought, but why don't you make animated gifs. XBMC handles those just fine without extra cpu load and you can have different ones for each menu item. Only disadvantage is that users cannot add their own as easily as videos because it's hard to make good animated gifs, but if your looking for a good way to showcase your skin I'd say that is the way to go. (just be sure to remove the background="true" tag otherwise it just shows the first frame of the gif).
To be honest i don't see a huge cpu increasement and to play a video in the background isn't really something new as the most skins already have the option to enable it. I just had the idea to let start the playlist in the video window, so it's always in the background and the effect and results are fine. As already said it works like a charm if you create smartplaylists, i've tested it bringing some pseudo movienames and edited the genre to "Dream" for example and then set this playlist at startup and it plays randomly. To get it working playing in loop i just edited guisettings.xml and set repeat from false to true.
My wish is bringing the same with normal video playlists to get rid of editing and having pseudo movies in the library.
butchabay Wrote:Any news Pieh ?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/540a...2270b6c03b - it shouldn't switch to fullscreen from now. Problem is/was that PlayMedia builtin is using music playlist if in param there was "non-smart" playlist (even if we have just videos in that playlist)
Thank you so much mate!
Cheers ...