Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Way to search through video collection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed XBMC on my first pc a few days ago and have been living on this forum, gettings things configured, etc. Should have my main 55" setup on my second XBMC machine as soon as it makes it to my house on Monday Smile

Question....I'm up to approx 100 movies so far, but I could easily see this growing to 400-1000 pretty quickly. Is there a way to search through the videos to find the one I want without manually scrolling through the entire list? I have looked everywhere, and don't see any topic on this, or maybe it's right in front of my face ....
If you pull up the menu that changes views (done differently depending on your skin) you will see a search button.

Also on your remote you can press the numeric buttons to jump to a letter. Example, pressing the number 2 button twice would bring you to the first movie in the library that starts with B. If you are using a keyboard, Shift + a letter will do the same.
wow, that was easy. Keyboard/remote shortcut will work fine. I ordered remote but waiting on it to be shipped, so hadn't had a chance to test with a remote yet.

I'm using the MediaStream Redux skin, don't see the search link on that skin...surprised that any skin wouldn't have this basic functionality built into it.
Try aeon nox or cirrus extended.