Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there any hardware compatablity issues with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have attempted to install it on a Dell Dimension 2400 with a 2.4 P4 CPU 533 FSB.
Also tried to install XBMC on my 2.4 dual core Asus as a multi boot but failed

It installed on a XP Windows and it freezes the mouse when you go to exit the program
All the machines I have tried so far are P4 Intels I only have one AMD with an XP Debian dual boot.
I have a form factor VIA that runs Ubuntu 10.04
Any contenders in that lot?
Well installed XBMC on the XP boot of my AMD 3000+ I managed to play a music video that had stripes through it
Played the same music video on the Debian boot of the same AMD with VLC and the picture was sharp and there was no stripes

As an Xbox is 733mhz and 64mb of ram to me the software suits highend P3 not P4Shocked

=
craisin Wrote:As an Xbox is 733mhz and 64mb of ram to me the software suits highend P3 not P4Shocked

thats just a silly thing to say
I've just dug out from the loft a very old system, which is a athlon 3000xp with a nvidia fx5500 which is now running ubuntu 10.10 & it runs nightly builds fine (apart from no hd obviously).

Ati cards generally course problems,go with nvidia.but thats about it. Since you've tried to install it on 3 machines, try xbmc live on a usb stick.
tried to run XBMC Live CD on my VIA 667 mhz 512mb of ram failed
My other VIA is 1000mhz with 1gig of DDR2 ram with no CD drive

I have an Xbox and I bidding on an ex-lease Xbox online Nod
craisin Wrote:I have an Xbox and I bidding on an ex-lease Xbox online Nod
Ummmm you do know that xbmc's xbox support was dropped a long time ago ?

maybe this? http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/
WinkNoso funnyNod
so i bought a media player that puts a usb port on your TVNod Sweet