Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Request : guitar tab script.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey everyone,

i've been pondering this concept for sometime and i believe it's high time i do something about it.  basically, i'd like a script that will retrieve and display guitar tabs for either the song being played (by id3) or by a simple search indicated by the user. i know the lyrics script does basically this but for lyrics so i don't see why it won't be possible for tabs.  i would be very interested in helping but i have limited knowledge in programming.  i know all you guitar players (or aspiring so) out there would love this.
bump. an option to view bass and guitar tabs would be awesome. i would suggest mxtabs.net. great site.
i think it would be great too. this might be a good one to add to the ooba browser. infact i think ill suggest it Cool
i'll try to add it to ooba. i'm a bass player myself and i think it is a great idea. however, i'm almost sure that the lines will be wrapped. also, i'm using the default skin font which isn't necessarily monospaced.

but you can try adding these two blocks to menu xml:
edit: xml deleted as it is in included in the newest ooba release.

note these patterns have only been tested in the emulator which does not emulate the textbox very accurately.
a tab script would be amazing. i already use xbmc to try to figure songs out on the guitar, having the tabs would make my day.
you can try out ooba. i have included mxtabs.net in the latest version. however, you need to install a monospaced font in your xbmc, otherwise it looks crap. you could copy courier.ttf to where arial.ttf is. (i haven't tried that myself)
hey phunck i tried out .95 and i saw the mxtab on the list. it doesnt seem to be working for me though. i have also had problems with the movies archive. im at work right now so i cant think off the top of my head exactly what it says. i think mxtabs says "no links found" the other one just gives an error. any thoughts?
yes i noticxed it myself yesterday... it is because mxtabs.net has changed their front page layout. i have to fix the patterns to work with the new layout.

i havent' tried movies at archive.org for some time. i'll try to look at it when i have time.
i think i have fixed it in v1.0 --- please try.
sweet brother ill give it a whirl in a little while and let you know. thanks again for all your hard work and the fast replies :kickass:
Better late than never. I have been looking for a such a script myself but was quite disappointed with the results I came across, so I finally decided to write it myself, it took me some time to learn python, but have a look at this:

kGuitarTabs

I have also created a site (http://www.tabsource.org) where everyone can add their own tabs, this online database is made available in the XBOX application in real time.

Enjoy!
kvz
Nice!
My wife will love it, i´m, sure Wink
THX
Guitar Tabs - XBMC Tabs Search Engine

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162356