Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: scraping movie info question (structure)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've come to realize I can't rename the folder that comes in a .torrent when adding torrents through uTorrent WebUI. However, I can specifiy a subfolder directly above it. Now to my question:

Will XBMC recognize, for example a movie called "Super Movie", if I add "Super Movie (2013)" as subfolder and let it download the movie content in this case to "X:\movies\Super Movie (2013)\Super.Movie.2013-RLSGRP" and just check "Scan Recursively" when scraping the media?

Thanks in advance!
Until a torrent is finished (up and down) the O/S will note it as 'in use'. You can set up uTorrent to move the file to a selected folder after it's finished. If the torrent itself is in a folder with other things... the folder will be moved. In most cases drag and drop works for most torrents if they're finished.

The scraper looks at the filename or foldername for look-up information. (depending on the settings you've requested). If you have Super.Movie.2013-RLSGRP" it's going to get lost...and you'll have to manually refresh while Super Movie (2013) should bring the correct results.

Scraping recursively allows the scraper to look inside folders for more sub folders and files.
PatK Wrote:Until a torrent is finished (up and down) the O/S will note it as 'in use'. You can set up uTorrent to move the file to a selected folder after it's finished. If the torrent itself is in a folder with other things... the folder will be moved. In most cases drag and drop works for most torrents if they're finished.

The scraper looks at the filename or foldername for look-up information. (depending on the settings you've requested). If you have Super.Movie.2013-RLSGRP" it's going to get lost...and you'll have to manually refresh while Super Movie (2013) should bring the correct results.

Sorry, but either I don't fully comprehend or you didn't really answer or help me at all Smile?

To clarify, I want to work around having to drag and drop etc. since the computer in question will not have any keyboard or mouse and basically just boot in to XBMC.

PatK Wrote:Scraping recursively allows the scraper to look inside folders for more sub folders and files.

Exactly. This I do know and that is why my question was, put in a different way: will scanning recursively notice the bolded part in "X:\movies\Super Movie (2013)\Super.Movie.2013-RLSGRP" of the movie destination and scrape the correct info to the files (because it does look both at this folder and the subfolder containing the movie itself) or not?
This probably depends on your config. With "use directory names" it probably won't work as afaik it will use the lowest level folder name.

Using filenames for scraping on the other hand should work as long as the filename follows the naming conventions
wsnipex Wrote:This probably depends on your config. With "use directory names" it probably won't work as afaik it will use the lowest level folder name.

Using filenames for scraping on the other hand should work as long as the filename follows the naming conventions

yeah but the file name would be Super.Movie.2013.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.X264-RLSGRP.mkv or something like that.. and that wouldn't work either right? So there is basically no good solution for me? :'(
reta Wrote:yeah but the file name would be Super.Movie.2013.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.X264-RLSGRP.mkv or something like that.. and that wouldn't work either right? So there is basically no good solution for me? :'(

I think scraping using the file name should work fine. Maybe you can just try one movie and see if it works?
Super.Movie.2013.UNRATED.720p.BluRay.X264-RLSGRP.mkv is 100% OK. It will scrape for "Super Movie 2013".